Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreams in threes? Elevators and cutlery?  (Read 6624 times)

Midlander

• View Profile
Dreams in threes? Elevators and cutlery?
« on: March 28, 2011, 11:45:01 AM »
Tony, I've noticed that, when I 'ask' for dream help, I get 3 dreams and I wonder whether this is a pattern for others, too.

Also, there are repeats in slightly different contexts that seem to show me that I didn't fully get it the last time.
Last night I had my second lift/elevator dream when asking for guidance. Both of them were about getting in the wrong elevator because it wasn't going where I wanted to go.

In the first dream it was one lift shaft and this amazing system where different elevators going to different places used the same shaft. I got into the lift but it only went to floors above a certain number. I got out and then got back in to check and then had to squeeze out through closing doors, hurting myself, before waiting in the lobby for the right lift, marvelling at the beautiful system.
Last night, I managed to get into a goods lift and as I passed a floor, could see the passenger lift I wanted to be in but my lift didn't stop at that floor.

And cutlery??!! I dreamt that my man had ordered some cutlery which arrived through the post and when I opened it, none of it matched and I thought he'd ordered a cheap batch. On closer inspection, all of the cutlery was sets for two people - ie two complete sets in each pattern.  ???

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreams in threes? Elevators and cutlery?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:05:07 AM »
Midlander – I have found that being in a lift/ elevator is often a way of showing how your state of mind or emotions can shift up and down – how the energy in the pine can flow easily or is trapped; as in the following example:

‘I was in a lift with a young woman. She intimated there was some difficulty about getting the lift to work. I felt this was not so and pushed the button. The doors closed and the lift began to ascend. As it did we moved close together and kissed. But the main feeling was of being accepted and liked. This moved my feelings so much I felt a great melting feeling in my abdomen, and a lot of body sensation against her body.’ Anthony F.

And of course the clever way of using one life shaft for all directions or destinations is an excellent example of the spine.

As for the cutlery I haven’t found many dreams using tem, so I often go to literature to see how they are used. Here is one piece.

We are sitting at TABLE. Table is very important you understand - For a family that is. Table has all the right knives and forks. It has all the correct glasses. Table has manners.

I thanked him, and took my seat at the board; but found it extremely difficult to handle my knife and fork with anything like dexterity, or to avoid splashing myself with the gravy, while he was standing opposite, staring so hard, and making me blush in the most dreadful manner every time I caught his eye.

In your dream there seems to be, from your man, some division of style in what you feel about your man. What that means I cannot guess at.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »
Thanks Tony!
I shall go away and process the cutlery.......
Is the 'dreams in threes' significiant or just the number of dreams I remember?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 10:57:07 AM »
The three usually represent a third quality formed by two others - such as sun and earth = life; mother and father = child; negative and positive = reaction. Sometimes represents the solution to opposition. And in Chinese wisdom it is the third point; it is like this:

I am living here in this man.  I am an old part of his being that he is only just coming into contact with.  This is because he is learning to bow low enough.  I am living within this man from an earlier period of history.  I am giving him my essence, my life essence.  He can draw upon it. 

The way of life is strange.  A person’s life develops many connections.  Sometimes in unlikely ways you may love somebody who is of lesser class, or scorned.  Yet that person may link you with aspects of life that are important to know about, and you will be the lesser if you did not understand them, and have sympathy with them.

What I teach is that within each situation there are various factors.  There is an area of strength, and there is an area of weakness.  There is a male area and a female area.  If you understand these things there is no need to fear the situation, because you can move within it and shift as is necessary.  You can be weak, or you can be strong.  You can withdraw or you can advance.  You can use the momentum of what is opposing you, or you can stand up and direct it.

Let us see if we can translate this.  In each life situation there is a changing point.  There is change, and within that change, if you understand it, there is possibility – there is possibility.  There is not something defined, but there is possibility.  Within the strength there is weakness.  Within the weakness there is strength.

I wish to learn of your wisdom.  Help me understand.

In today’s words, in any system there are needs.  There are changing points of tension, and in the needs and the tension there are possibilities for change. 

What if I could apply that to my life now, perhaps you can help me understand it.

Shing Jaow.  In your life there is a point of conflict.  It is between what you presently exist and live in and what your desire is.  Within that point of tension you could be overthrown.  That is your weakness.  You could be cast down at that point.  Or at that point, if you swing carefully, there can be a transition, a new phase, a new rearrangement of the points of tension and weakness. That is the use of wisdom/insight/strength.

All life is like that.  There are never situations in which points of change do not occur.

How can someone assess their present position?  How can someone learn to assess their present position, and discover where the point of change is?  How can they discover if it is in being strong, or weak, or yielding, in waiting or pushing ahead?  How can they see if they should be giving way, standing still, or moving ahead?

I give this to you.  It is for you to understand.  Everything rests upon a pivot.  Everything is finely balanced, otherwise the universe would not exist.  But it is a pivot of change, of constant change and nothing ever stands still.  Nothing is ever formalised.  It is ever shifting.

How do we find, or where do we find, our point of balance in all that?

You need to listen!  You need to listen.  And in listening not rush to put in your own commentary or point of view.  You need to listen.  You can never completely know what confronts you because it is never static.  It is a constant dynamic flux. But you can see its direction of movement and dance with it if you listen and watch.

Tony as I listen

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 02:03:16 PM »
Tony - I'm going to print that off and contemplate it! I think that placing it alongside the three dreams and waiting might help me to find where the point of balance is to be found at this present time!
Thank you Tony!