Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: having dreams about my ex husband  (Read 5171 times)

nowotny11

• View Profile
having dreams about my ex husband
« on: April 19, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
 ??? my ex husband and i were together for eight years and recently just got a divorce and for the last couple of months i have been seeing someone else who i use to date back in high school. But in my dreams i run into my ex somewhere and at first we just walk by and glance at each other we dont say anything we just walk by then we run into each other again in a completly diffrent place and he comes up to me and says that he want to talk so i take a walk with him and thats when he hugs me and tells me that he misses me and that he loves me i tell him that i love him to but that it isnt the same type of love that i use to have for him and tell him that i am happy with my boyfriend and that is when i wake up. I have been having these dreams for the past three nights and every time i wake up i feel upset about them and i feel depressed all day is there any meaning to what they mean and why i feel so upset and depressed about it when i am awake

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: having dreams about my ex husband
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »
Nowotny – You have to realise that a dream is not like walking with your actual ex and conversing with him. The dream ex is all your memories and feelings of him put into his shape, and brought to life.

Therefore it seems as if the dream is about the difficult feelings you experience when you wake. So I think you ought not to blame your feelings on your ex, but take responsibility for them. Take time with them, even with the help of someone who listens, otherwise the feelings will haunt you.

It seems as if there are things that you did not sort out in the divorce.

Tony