Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: recurring dreams about ex boyfriend  (Read 6325 times)

melanie.ham

• View Profile
recurring dreams about ex boyfriend
« on: April 08, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
ill start with a bit of history.. my ex and i were together for 2 years on and off and this was about 8 years ago. he was my first serious boyfriend and we did go through alot together, he put me through alot of pain mentally - people used to tell me he was cheating and he would i always deny and i would believe him. so i have a lot of closure even this many years on. a few years after we broke up we still kept in contact but the past 4 years i have been in a relationship and i found out over a year ago out my ex is now getting married. i have been having dreams about him non stop for the past few months and alot of the time his fiance is in them too. i dont know what all this means......

melanie.ham

• View Profile
Re: recurring dreams about ex boyfriend
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »
can anybody help please!!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: recurring dreams about ex boyfriend
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:09:39 PM »
Melanie – The first step in understanding why you are dreaming no stop is that he – your ex – was your first experience of a relationship that lasted any length of time. As such there are enormous amounts of experience and learning that took place in those years. You learnt about the twists and turns of love, and the pain it could cause.

So do not think you are dreaming of your ex – you are dreaming of all the experience and learning he represents, and your dreams use his image to play this out. And of course his fiancé is also a depiction of your feelings about the situation. So instead of saying I dreamt of my ex, you ought to say, I dreamt of all the negative and positive things I learnt, or are still digesting about the relationship.

Why you are only now dreaming about him depends upon how you feel and how you see him.

Tony