Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream where I can't understand someone?  (Read 6273 times)

lawwal

• View Profile
Dream where I can't understand someone?
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
I'm not sure if this was the whole dream, but this is what I remember:
I was in a car in the back seat and on my right is my ex-girlfriend. I don't know who was in the front seats. It was night time and we were going pretty fast.  I couldn't tell if there were no lights or other cars around me because I couldn't see anything outside the car. So I was talking to my ex and every time she spoke, it was like another language. I kept saying "what?" over and over again and she'd almost keep answering and talking like I actually said something to continue the conversation.

There were only a few responses in the whole conversation where I could understand and they seem so random.  I remember something about her talking about seeing other people.  I also vaguely remember the word "german", or that she was talking about a german guy (no idea where the german comes in...neither of us are).  And then the weirdest thing she said was that the german guy or germany had an EMP??

Thoughts?

lawwal

• View Profile
Re: Dream where I can't understand someone?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:46:48 AM »
any help here?

i did some research myself:

backseat of car: i'm not in control
ex gf: whatever unresolved issues i have with her
night: obstacles or possibly a new beginning
can't understand: i need to listen better

but i have no idea what the words mean that i did understand...

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »
Lawwal – Don’t forget that dreams cannot often be taken as literal. So the Germans are probably an association you have with them. Maybe from films or wherever; so it would be worth while to find out what you associate with Germans or Germany. I had a very clear experience of being tortured by Germans, and when I sorted it out, it was about my First World War that I had fought within myself, and tortured my self by the enormous conflict I was fighting. The association had arisen from a set of volumes my uncles has given me about the First World War.

The EMP is possibly from the phrase Electro Magnetic Pulse – the enormous energy given out by an atomic blast.

The car and being driven is a sign of being taken somewhere in the dark, without you knowing where you are going. Does this apply to your relationship?

The language you couldn’t understand is an old trick the unconscious plays when it cannot sensible express its meaning. In the old days it was called speaking in tongues; but having experimented with it I found that if you let yourself make the nonsense sounds it slowly becomes formed words.

Tony

lawwal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
I did take german in high school, but other than that, I cannot think of what I'd associate with germany or german. 

EMP ( the weapon) is what I thought of when I was actually dreaming...I just don't know why I would have picked up on that word.

As far as being taken somewhere I don't know...yes, I want my ex back, but I don't really know what's in the future and if she will come back.  There's also other issues clouding the picture, which might make it so I wouldn't even want her back.  So yea...a lot of uncertainty there.

I'm trying to think what the "foreign language" could mean.  I feel like I'm getting mixed signals and maybe that is where the nonsense comes in...and I have to somehow figure out what that nonsense actually means..

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
I think it still could help to play the dream a bit more - I mean play it again in your imagination to see what you find. Also try making nonsense sounds to see if they change into sense.

Tony