Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreamt of killing a black flying salamander..?  (Read 4736 times)

Betto-girl

• View Profile
Dreamt of killing a black flying salamander..?
« on: April 24, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
Hi, I'm new here :)
I can't remember the beginning of the dream, but here's what I remember:
I was going to sleep in our living room and had turned off the light. Then, for one reason I don't remember, I turned on the lights again (no, I did not wake up from sleeping). A black salamander (I think?) with wings appeared, it was flying around now, quite hysterically. I got afraid and try to capture it. I did manage to do so eventually but I killed it... There was blood on the floor. I'm not 100% sure but I think my intention was to kill it...

What does this dream mean? Thanks in advance...

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreamt of killing a black flying salamander..?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:29:56 AM »
Betto-Girl – I believe that something made you turn the light on again. Usually we need to light to see things and what is going on. Something made you aware of what wanted your attention. Then the black salamander is simply a representation of what either frightened you or irritated you.

Then you killed it and the blood on the floor is a sign of what you did. But my intuition is that it was your fear that led to its death, and all it wanted was to get your attention. Everything in our dreams is an intelligent and living part of us. So you have killed a living part of you. We might not be aware of our many cells, but we can kill them by the way we live and by being unaware. In your dream a part of you – the cells you are unaware of – was killed. Of course you can bring it alive again if you are willing to face what you were frightened of.

Tony