Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tall Man Sitting on Shoreline  (Read 5245 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Tall Man Sitting on Shoreline
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »
I am sitting or standing on a shoreline facing the water.  On my right sits a tall naked man, his knees bent up so I can't see his genitals.  His skin looks lightly tanned, smooth and no spots.  I look up at his face (do I feel smaller than him?) and see a straight pointy nose looking down at me (do I feel like he is in looking down on me?).  He is wearing wire rimmed glasses and has straight brown hair.  His eyes are downcast looking at me, so much so that I can not see his pupils.  He looks like a lot of men I have been related to or have loved in some way.  I am also wondering if he is a part of me.

Before I had this dream, I heard a voice say "I have an addition to show you."

The dream was odd in that it seemed almost like a still life painting, my image of him.  My dreams tend to be rambling disconnected stories, my own voice or someone else's telling me something or else I have visions come to mind during the day.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Tall Man Sitting on Shoreline
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 02:55:22 PM »
Chris - Considering that all our dream images are created out of our experience, I would say he is a part of you and not an external character. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working

That he is larger than you needn't mean he is looking down on you or that you feel smaller, large often means important, a big thing in your life.

He is naked - no pretence. Your dreams are rambling and disconnected, can mean, like the voice suggested, "I have an addition to show you." If the addition is something that has never been a part of your conscious life, then it has to cast around for ways to make it into your awareness. It will take time. Be patient, we have forever.

A quotation from a man: At this point my body was expressing a lot of struggle and movement. I realised that what is emerging is almost bigger than myself. It is difficult to let it into my life. It is almost like my skin is ready to split open. There are a lot of a growing pains, or birth pains, because I am giving birth to myself again. I am actually becoming somebody different to who I was in the past, and it is quite a difficult process. I feel the pain of giving birth to that new self.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Tall Man Sitting on Shoreline
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:06:34 PM »
Thank you Tony!