Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The face-wrecker  (Read 4833 times)

gami

• View Profile
The face-wrecker
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:20 PM »
Hi,

I would like to share my dream with you and hope to get a better understanding about it by your insights.

I have always had dreams where I was chased, mostly by men (I am a woman). This time, the chasing turned into something different. I found myself in a dream where I was hiding from a face-wrecker. A man, in green coat, riding on a board that can float. He was flying around and he was cutting off or… wrecking the faces of people (I didn’t know any of them). As people, one by one, fell victim to this man, only the redness of the blood remained in place of their faces as they dropped to the ground.

In desperation, I sought shelter in an abandoned alleyway, under a table where he couldn’t find me. I was safe their, in hiding, but extremely afraid. It occurred to me after the dream that I never saw this face-wrecker, really… Only the thought of him was there. No face, no identity. Strangely at the end of my dream, it seemed as if I was looking at the list of the people that needed to have their face wrecked… As if I was looking from HIS perceptive. The people were depicted by silly blue straw men, and were crossed out when they had their face wrecked. Was I the face-wrecker??

I have difficulty getting in touch with my true feelings, therefore to me the chasing dreams made sense as I wanted to “run away” from my emotions. This one was new…

Thanks so much for your insight in advance!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The face-wrecker
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:13:39 PM »
Gami – Thank you for an interesting dream, and also about feedback about yourself – it makes such a difference in understanding.

Years ago when I too could not allow my feelings and emotions full I saw that without them I didn’t really know who I was and what I really wanted. In fact as I came out of it I wrote http://dreamhawk.com/poems/ground-zero-the-psuedopod/ which describes how I my life was an act.

So I think that is your ‘face-wrecker’. He never really appears because he acts in a hidden way ruining many aspects of you. He destroys your identity your face, your public sense of yourself.

I found a way to deal with it, but it might not be your way, it is http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony