Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for help with a meaning of a dream I had..  (Read 5591 times)

johnnyp

• View Profile
Looking for help with a meaning of a dream I had..
« on: June 12, 2011, 03:13:11 AM »
My dad died suddenly 28/12/08 and since then I've had 3 dreams i remember vividly of him in. The first was asking me to help him die because he was ill then the second was only birthday last september telling me he was disappointed in my mum for not wearing her jewellery. Now I kinda understand them to a point but I had a dream yesterday which was...

Myself, my mum and my our dog were in a dinning room/kitchen which has a cupboard in the corner. the cupboard door closed quickly on its on and the dog was just sat starring at it. i turned to my mum and said its a ghost and i wanna see it. upon opening the door i could not see anything or anyone and my mum asked if it was my dad. i proceeded to ask an empty cupboard if anyone was in there and got no answer, so then i asked is it you dad?? and clear as day he answered yeah. i wasn't shocked for some reason (was just like talking on the phone, a voice with face) i asked if he was alright but got no answer from him. so i shouted hey dad and got an answer of what (after being ignorant or not listening... which he did when he was alive) we laughed together as we knew he playing after that i suddenly woke up.

Hope to hear from anyone who maybe can help explain what was going on?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:51:40 AM by johnnyp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Looking for help with a meaning of a dream I had..
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »
Johnnyp -  A delightful dream.

Each dream is an interpretation of impressions or feelings you get. So in the case of your dream the impressions or signals you picked from him were translated into the images and sounds of your dream. So some of what was built into your dream was your past experience of him. But the fascinating thing is the dog. What he did was a very dog sensing a ghost type reaction.

So I get the impression that it was a real contact with your dad, with a few stage props added.

Tony

johnnyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »
O wow thanks Tony, I wonder if he was trying to tell me something. Defo something to think about.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 12:55:10 PM »
Why not ask him - and watch your dreams.

The thing is that the dead are sensitive to our thoughts - whereas we rely almost totally on sounds issuing from our mouths. So literally sit and think about what you want to ask him - Like, "Dad, did you want to say something?"

Tony