Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Beingness  (Read 6815 times)

ant

• On the path. Happy to share information etc.
    • View Profile
Beingness
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:23 PM »
Hi everyone
I am having a problem in which I am hoping someone out there might be able to help me find an answer.
Here is my problem and question.
Throughout the past and now people have achieved an awareness of just being. I believe this is an experience of the one force/beingness which is the universe. This is an experience which does not have words to describe it as it is a total immersion in being. This is the oneness before dualism came into being. Here is my question. Is there a name for this? Has it been given the name of a god or goddess or a form of deity?Were there ancient practices which attained this? Its difficult to put into words and I will try to explain this further if i am able. Finally could this one force ultimately be a form of universal love? I would be glad of any pointers to help me with my queries.
Warmest regards,
Ant
Its 22.45 here at the moment so I'll get back to anyone who answers my queries tomorrow morning.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Beingness
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »
Ant - What an interesting post. Strangely I just posted something about BEING on Facebook. Here it is to save you looking.

“While in this state I sat opposite a large man with glasses. While he was talking I felt I could see on his body all the pain and tension he was carrying yet not admitting. He was saying he was fine yet his whole body was tight, his face lined with tension, and even the words he was using were telling me of his condition, yet he was not aware/admitting it, even to himself. I felt I wanted to bathe him in the peace and joy I felt but somehow he didn’t seem to notice. At this point Jan - the leader of the Enlightenment Intensive - said it was time to have a break, and this was a wonderful joke. A break from what? From existing? From life? From oneself? Where was there to go? Why did one even need to move? It was such a pleasure to just be. Of course there was no problem about moving, but one could do it out of this state of existing. Why did people need to move away from themselves and try to avoid themselves by running into by drinking, smoking, seeking otherness?”

But you are asking so many questions. Yes it has all manner of names - God; Atman; Being Consciousness Bliss; Advaita; THAT; the Big Bang; Ain Soph the unknown God and many more. There is an old Roman stone inscribe as an alter to an unknown god.

Here is another experience of the same thing: “I see this great giant of a man, I feel I mustn’t look at him in case I offend him, but he has such beautiful eyes. It is Life. I look away because I’m so uncertain. They are looking at me, those eyes. Look, isn’t it beautiful. A different sort of a human being, can I come and look at you? It’s like something everyone always dreamed about; the love you always wanted but never dared ask for. I love you. I love you. It’s the eyes of my dog as it loves me, elephants, dolphins and people who have poured out to me - life itself.”

There are so many ways people tried to attain this - but the simplest way is to BE it. Not meditation or struggling because you are it when you stop trying. but there are many ways see http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/methods-of-awakening/ -- http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/what-is-the-experience-of-enlightenment-like/ - http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/what-is-the-experience-of-enlightenment-like/

But do not confuse the nameless with the name - or the name with the nameless. “I became lucid in my sleep and was witnessing all the processes in my body, not as dream images, which I had passed through in another lucid experience. I held the question is there another level beyond what I am experiencing? Immediately I was in a state where I was nothing and yet everywhere, the ultimate state. Then suddenly it became known that there was a level beyond this condition. Then I was in the new level, where I was at the same moment myself in everyday life and in a body, and in a state without any sense of self and without shape or form. Everything, all opposites transcended.”

Tony
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:53:31 PM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »
Ant - Love and THAT is a topic all by itself. As people we tend to get very confused and even tortured by love - in the West anyway. We do not own love we can only let it flow through us. We say, “I love you”, but love, like sex and procreation is an expression of Life, and expresses at different levels in all living creatures. We are so conceited to believe we are in possession of it. But we can of course twist it and torture its expression through the same conceit.

Love is part of the unknown of what we are - the unknown God that we always are and are constantly running away from and denying. Love, Wisdom, Power are our real nature. We are all seeds of it in various levels of growth. We can never define the God that we are, only BE it.

Tony

ant

• On the path. Happy to share information etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:27:48 PM »
Tony
I've got to be honest here. The replies I have just read are going to take a little time to digest. One part of me already understands your answers but the other part of me is struggling. We don't really need words do we.

I am looking forward to replying and I feel quite humbled by your replies. I was getting a little worried that the things I am interested in were out there with hardly ever a soul to talk to about them....and up pops your site.

I'll tell you a tale of something that happened to me later. I would be happy to hear about your understanding of it.....and very grateful. It sometimes feels as though people are forgetting the truths. that old inscription 'Know Thyself', is more relevant today than at any other time I believe.

Warm and sincerest regards
Anthony