Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Telepathic communication in dreams.....  (Read 5583 times)

3high3aim3

• View Profile
Telepathic communication in dreams.....
« on: February 15, 2014, 10:48:20 PM »

When I started writing down my dreams and paying closer attention to the details- colors, moods, backgrounds, etc. I quickly came to realize that no one EVER talks TO ME in any of my dreams. Interactions with people do center around communication, which seems to be verbal as best I can tell, but no one actually speaks (either I to them, or them to me). There are rare dreams when others (strangers) are talking to one another and I perceive that as an audible sensory event. Otherwise, I communicate with people in my dreams through 'knowing', like a telepathic communication, but not like a dialog, more like a 'oneness'. I understand the spiritual implications of the 'collective unconscious' and all that, and in my dream group I was told that it generally means I am very intimate (have close relationships) with the people in my dreams. The problem with this explanation is: I was also told that every aspect of the dream, even familiar people, are projections of myself (so I am intimate with myself??), AND this telepathic knowing occurs between myself and individuals in my dreams who aren't familiar to me (so I'm intimate with strangers??). This explanation alone doesn't sit right with me.

Does anyone else consistently experience this form of communication in their dreams, and is there any significance to it?

annathedreamer

Re: Telepathic communication in dreams.....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »

"All good things come in threes"  :)

Could it be that your dreams are attempting to show you what you are missing in your "waking dream",
as in that true communication is of the mind and has little to do with the words people choose?

Anna

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Telepathic communication in dreams.....
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:33:08 AM »
3high3aim3 – I feel you are getting confused because of the different levels of our consciousness and dreaming. In general people are only aware of themselves as a body, and as such they can only communicate with sounds – words – touch for the blind and deaf and signs language for the deaf. All of them through the physical senses. This is like two submarines communicating through banging on each other hull with a hammer. We never ever know the other person except through such clumsy communication.

Also you must remember a few well-known facts about how you encounter the so-called ‘real’ world of waking life. Firstly, when you look at an object such as an orange or apple, remember that although you have the sense of seeing what colour and texture the fruit has, in fact all you are seeing is reflected light. You never see the actual colour of the object. Your eye takes in streams of light that are translated into nerve impulses transmitted along the optic nerve. In the brain these formless nerve impulses are again translated into an image that enables you to have some relationship with an apparently external world.

Similarly the television picture you watch on a screen is translated from signals the TV set is sensitive to and changes into pictures, colour and sound. The signals are not in themselves images, colour or sound. So, like the TV, the world you feel so sure you are seeing and experiencing, is one your brain has created in order to enable you to deal with survival.

The same applies to dream images and all of our contacts. For instance when you think of a person who you feel you have an intimate relation with and feel strong emotions, do you think you are actually aware of that person? You are surely just experiencing your own thoughts and emotions that you associate with them. Another submarine trying to communicate perhaps? Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#TalkingDead

But if as you say you are not using words, as can happen in dreams and very occasionally in waking, you are in another level of consciousness that is not limited to the physical senses. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/levels-of-awareness-in-waking-and-dreaming/ 

Tony