Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Bear Chase  (Read 6025 times)

chixcard

• View Profile
The Bear Chase
« on: May 09, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
So last night I had an interesting, yet slightly disturbing dream.

When my dream began I was sitting in a large bay window that overlooks my backyard.  As I look to the far edge of the yard, where the grass meets the swamp, I see a large brown bear charging up the yard in pursuit of two small shapes. As they get closer I see that he is in pursuit of two cats, one a longhaired gray cat, and the other my pet, a gold bengal tabby, named Q. 

They continue to run up the yard, but the bear always stays right behind them. Soon he manages to stop and gobble up the gray cat. While he is stopped and busy devouring the other cat, Q manages to gain a little distance between himself and the bear, but as soon as the bear is done eating he continues his chase.

It looks like Q is going to make it to the nearest tree, and he jumps for a branch, but right as he jumps the bear catches up and swipes him out of the air, and grabs him in his mouth. The last view I had was the bear's mouth almost completely closed around my cat, and the only part that was visible was Q's head, right before the bear devours him.

This dream was a lot more vivid and descriptive than my normal dreams. And it was also quite random with the bear, so I am a little stumped on what it could be representing. Normally my dream symbolism isn't quite this complex. Any ideas?

mikey

• View Profile
Re: The Bear Chase
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »
hi,hope you don't mind me having a go,

bears can represent a devouring figure,usually a feminine/mother type,(bears are very protective of there cubs),
cats ,are independant,intuitive,aloof etc,
maybe your independance or intuition/thoughts processes (the cats)are being threatend in someway by an overbearing feminine or even masculine figure in your life,
was the bear male or female ?,
hope this helps.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The Bear Chase
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »
Chixcard – Thanks Mikey for joining in. I need all the help I can get as I cannot keep up with all the mails coming in.

So, your bear dream, I have to admit I had to seek help with this one, and what I arrived at was that you, looking out of your bay window, are looking at the world, and what is out there. And what you see is trouble coming – a big bear. That is not a prediction, but rather the way you see life sometimes.

And here it comes eating up your sense of wellbeing – and the feeling/bear gets your cat, a real feeling of wellbeing being swallowed up, eaten away by your view out of your window.

Maybe have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYXq1Ox4sk 

Tony