Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recurring dream of rage & weakness  (Read 5116 times)

everythingsmagic

• View Profile
Recurring dream of rage & weakness
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »
For years now I keep having the same dream from time to time and I just had this dream again a few days ago.Everytime Im fighting with someone I dont like (never the same person in any of the dreams)and I feel so much hate and rage.We are arguing I go to hit this person  & im trying to hit them with alot force as hard as I can.But when my fist gets to their face all the force is lost and my arm grows weak I cant hit them and I keep trying to hit them but I can't and they laugh & I feel like a joke.I feel helpless and weak.  ???

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Recurring dream of rage & weakness
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:16:29 AM »
Everythingsmagic – The inability to hit effectively can be caused by the fact that while dreaming your voluntary muscles are paralysed. This can mean that if you are near consciousness you feel as if you can hardly move or run. If you were more deeply asleep it wouldn’t happen. But there are other reasons for what you experience, and other people’s dreams show it, as in the following dream.
It was a huge basement store, full of second-hand goods. My son bought some things, and pulled out four pound notes to pay. I asked him where he had got them from, and found he had stolen them. I was so angry I hit him with a poker, breaking his arm - or at least, I was frightened I had broken his arm. Having once hit him I wanted to go on and on hitting him, but struggled against this.

In that dream he broke his son’s arm. So it may be that you have a conflict about hitting people, as the dreamer himself did. That would make you both wanting to hit him hard, and not want to. I believe this come about by feeling that whatever we do in a dream is like doing it in waking life – and that is not true. In dreams there is an opportunity to completely release oneself emotionally, sexually and even creatively. There is no come back. In fact dreams are the area that we can become sane again by venting all the feelings stimulated by a difficult life. So do not hold back.

Tony