Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nightmare ~ Unlocked Doors  (Read 4096 times)

mokey

• View Profile
Nightmare ~ Unlocked Doors
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:00:18 AM »
I am in Martin and Juliette's (old neighbours) house outside in an alley way, it is day time. Juliette has come outside to look at something. We go back inside as I am going to be at their house when Juliette goes out.
I am sat on a chair on my laptop. It is night time, it is dark. I feel a little nervous. I hear a noise and look over to the door on my right. It opens and a man is stood there. I am really scared and  I try and shout at him to get out but no real sound comes out. I get up, try to turn on the lights but they don't come on so make my way over to the door and lock it. I sit back in the chair. My laptop is really hot and is over heating and shutting itself down. I realise it's because I've kept the lid closed. (Kept a lid on things?)

Caroline (current fairly close friend) comes back (changed from Juliette), it is still dark. I tell her about the man trying to get in. We go over to the door, it's not locked. I hadn't actually managed to lock it. I try again but can't do it. Caroline turns it a different way and it starts to lock. We both work together to make sure it's fully locked. Caroline says I would have been ok as Ian (her husband) was upstairs. I tell her he wouldn't have heard me as I couldn't make a sound. We are driving somewhere, along a street. We talk about what he would have done if he'd got in. I realise as it's summer it's more the season to do this kind of thing, I suggest he would have stolen money and anything little but valuable he saw. I realise he probably would have took my laptop. I say to Caroline that he was an opportunist, and that I probably scared him off.

I go out of a back door into a school playground (It looks like my first school a little but feels a bit like my secondary school). I walk to the far end of the playground and through a metal gate. I then return, as I walk back it strikes me that it is dark and I wonder why I didn't put the lights on. I can hear a noise and feel scared. I just want to get back into the safety of the building and lock the doors. I head towards the door but see another one further right and am confused about which door I came out of. I go to the door on the right, as I do so I hear a noise. There is a gate even further right, it is opening. I am struggling to get in the door quickly. I want to get in and lock the door but then there is a man right there in front of me. I am really scared. He has on a black hat and he shouts at me to 'Get Out' I shout out 'No'. I am petrified.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Nightmare ~ Unlocked Doors
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:58:21 AM »
Mokey - You gathered two of your female friends as some sort of support but you didn’t manage to get male support (thinking in terms of your inner male - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/)
Somehow the real fear women have of a strange man entering their house has been transferred into your dream, where you have the upper hand - except if you feel awful fear in the dream. This is shown by the lights not coming on, a real film technique as herald of something awful happening. Then your laptop overheats, another sign of rising fear.

I feel it is natural at first for people to be very confused about the difference between their waking life and their dream life. They believe that what they dream is the same as what they meet in waking life. In other words we take as a truth that what is important outwardly is as important inwardly. In other words you are as upset by a dream as if it had actually happened in waking life. Such mistakes make us feel things that are ridiculous. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing

The appearance of the man twice in the same dream is important. Also what can a dream man do to you in a dream? Of course you can fantasy frightening things and wake silly with fear - as I have done many times in the past, and had to get up ands switch all the lights on, until over the years I realised that it was my fear causing my fear!?? And nothing had actually harmed me.

So your dream inner friend showed you something, maybe just a thought, that in daylight was okay, but when darkness came it grew into a great fear. That fear grew into a power that petrified you. The man shouting ‘get out’ might actually mean in dream language, “Get out of this woman. Get out of her for I can see the awful power it has on her.”

Maybe using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#FaceFear - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/martial-art-of-the-mind/ or even http://dreamhawk.com/news/avoiding-being-my-own-victim/ might help.

They are not a drug that takes away the symptoms, but are work that can be done over time.

Tony