Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Big Bad Wolf  (Read 4667 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Big Bad Wolf
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:31:20 PM »
Before sleeping I remembered how I felt angry as a child.  I had two fantasies.  One that I could keep little people (like in the book and movie "The Borrowers") in a bureau drawer in my bedroom and take them out and put them away when I was done playing with them.  (Starting at about 10 years old, I was in charge of babysitting my 3 younger siblings while both of my parents worked or went out.  I hated it, wasn't really taught how to do it, was terrified doing it and yet was not given a choice).  The second was that I could freeze time and motion, and people, so that I could do whatever I wanted and have whatever I wanted and take whatever I wanted without anyone noticing.

I dreamt that I walked into a warehouse or workplace and in a large conference room in the back I saw men in light grey suits making plans to drop bombs.  I said to myself "Let's get out of here" and walked out.  I then go into a store...in front of me are a crowd of artificial white Christmas trees...it might be artificial snow painted on real or artificial green trees...I can't tell.  Hidden in the trees a tall figure emerges...a woman in a white bonnet and cape...her face the blackest Big Bad Wolf.  She or he reaches out her right paw with long claws towards me.  I hear a female voice say "Go ahead...touch it."

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:05:48 AM »
Chris - I think this is all about anger you felt and never released as a child, so it is stored up in you causing tension and other feelings. The bombs that could be dropped are the explosive feelings you need to let out. A report researching the use of anger by the University of Santa Barbara said, “We evolved an anger system to protect and enforce our own interests against those of other people. So what would the world be like if this anger system never existed? Actually, a complete mess!”

What we were seldom taught is that it is safe to express anger as long as we recognise certain rules. One I learned was to get a tennis racquet or rolled up newspaper and express anger by hitting the bed or sofa - at first maybe mechanically - but let it evolve into the  real feelings. All strong feelings have a physical aspect, and often just feeling them is not enough - we need action.

I remember at first I had lumps on my back the size of beans, and these gradually dissolved as I expressed anger.

Most of us have a tiger or lion inside us - or in your case a black bad wolf - and it is good to get in touch with it. Let me know what happens when you touch the claws reaching out to you.

Tony