Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dream or vision?  (Read 4308 times)

Maria

• View Profile
dream or vision?
« on: May 08, 2011, 02:24:32 PM »
My experience must have a relation to dreams but I don't know if it was dreams because I was fully awake. Is there anyone with a similar experience?

It happened two times.   I woke up at four in the morning and looked at the digital clock on my bed side.  Just above the clock in the dark, was something like a screen or picture.  My disembodied hands moved against a background of trees and a path. It moved from right to left. Then the same happened with a side profile of my head and shoulders.  When it passed there was this stationary picture of a house with white halls, among the trees.

Weeks later the same happened but the 'picture' was bigger and was about wild life - elephants, rhinosorous and giraffes standing still in a nature scene of grass and trees.  This image also moved from right to left 4 times then it vanished.  I had planned a weekend in a wild reserve so the topic was not strange but because I was wide awake the whole situation was a little unnerving.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: dream or vision?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »
Maria – Yes, I have had the experience many times. It is an extension of the dream process, and it can carry on while awake. People cannot usually see the link because their education is so hidebound, and we are taught that if you hear voices and see things then you are going mad. That is nonsense. It was seen from a study that, “"In fact, many of those affected describe their visions as being a positive influence in their lives, comforting or inspiring them as they go about their daily business."

In fact it is only in the Western culture that we shut the door against such visions as they are called. In other cultures it is seen as a wonderful gift. But it is important to realise that as in dreams we see things that are apparently outside, and the same is happening to you. It is all the dream process, creating an external virtual world.

Tony