Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream of a disabled baby  (Read 5442 times)

mwalkerm

• View Profile
Dream of a disabled baby
« on: March 27, 2014, 02:42:41 AM »
HI,

I just woke up from a very disturbing dream. I dreamt I had a baby boy, but my husband didn't want anything to do with the baby, kept making excuses to see the baby and me and ignoring the fact that we had a baby. I was breast feeding this baby and giving it so much love. The baby looked like me when I was a baby but instead of it being a new born it was older, and within a few hours the baby grew older and eventually a grown up. then very shortly the grown up child turned back to baby. It was looking for me and calling mommy to me the whole time, my parents were also looking after it, but they didn't give it too much attention.
I also noted the baby had 6 fingers on one of his hands. Please can you tell me what that was all about - I dream quite a lot and  most of my dreams have interpretations - I just google it most of the time, but this dream was a bit much.
I am recently married but have no children and not planning on having children anytime soon.

Thanks

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream of a disabled baby
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:43:54 AM »
Mwalkerm - It is sometimes not enough to simple say what the dream means because without more information about how dreams work what I say would not be understandable. So please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing.

So your dream husband is not your actual husband - just as your thoughts and feelings you have about him are never him but your own inner thoughts about him. But because dreams are often about our collected associations, it could also be about your father and what you experienced in connection with him.

In dreams we are all that we have ever been, from conception onwards and even further. So of course you dream of a little girl and it grew up - because you are that little girl still in part of you, and sometimes you feel like calling out mommy. The reason is that as you say your parents ‘didn't give it/you too much attention.’ So there is a part of you that never got the attention you needed, and you still feel a need for it - though it is often hidden.

Six fingers probably means there are talents that you have that were never encouraged and are still there to express. See - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony