Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Sister's Dream,  (Read 4936 times)

theresa corman

My Sister's Dream,
« on: April 26, 2014, 08:06:30 PM »
This is my first post and I have been asked by my sister the meaning of a dream she had. I will give you a bit of her background in hopes it will help making an interpretation. My sister is a staunch baptist who is quite judgmental about anything to do with yoga so it is surprising that she has asked for this kind of help. The person named Rae in her dream is her daughter and Diane is Rae's counselor. Rae is 16 years old and was on a path of self harm (cutting, sex and smoking pot at the age of 14). The identity of the older couple is unknown and my sister doesn't know any yoga man. I am Theresa in the dream. She remembers feeling fear and sorrow. She wrote the dream down when she woke up and I have copied it here the way she wrote it.

Here is the dream:Dream – early morning April 11, 2014

-walking rocky, wooded area along water ? with Charesa (18) and Raeshelle (16).
Sudden realization rae is gone and diane is there with a stained glass window/suncatcher made from a piece of art work that rae has done...it is beautiful sunset with no real defining lines between colors. Mainly reddy orange with yellow on bottom but an inverted cone shape with defining lines moving from point, at bottom, on an angle away from each other, reaching to the top. So dividing the cone into 3 sections, 2 small ones on outer edges and one large one in middle. Sunset appears only in middle section but can't remember what is on the smaller, outer edges.
I remember crying uncontrollably on Dianes' (Rae's counsellor) shoulder telling her how guilty I felt because I knew that rae would not make her 18th birthday. She smiled and said she knew too, almost as soon as she met us, which it was so important to help our relationship so Rae could die happy and I could have happy last memories instead of bad ones.
Diane says its a memorial suncatcher in memory of Rae. I remember thinking what a great idea and wanting one myself. I had seen others before seeing diane but this one was so bright and epitimized Rae perfectly...shining brightly in the end.
Then it was Diane and myself but Theresa (my sister) showed up on all rocky terrain now telling us about a 'yoga' man she knew who was visiting and could tell the future.
We started towards his place, lead by Theresa, with Diane following at a distance and me following at a further distance. I kept falling behind for some reason but Diane kept looking back for me.
When we got there we were waiting with some others, 9 of us in all, and had to go down a small stair case to get to the entrance. While we were waiting Diane figured out it would cost us $6 each since there were 9 of us.
She led the way downstairs, followed by Theresa and then me. There was an older couple, she in a wheel chair with her leg raised up and her husband pushing. Since there were only stairs I stopped to help them along the way. When we got to the bottom the wife almost fell so Theresa came back to help me. We then were lifting the man back into the wheel chair but his prosthetic leg had fallen off (the wife became the man in the wheel chair now and wife was no where). He then was lying in a bed with and he lifted the blanket to see what was going on when we realized/he realized his leg was off, just below the knee, and he woke with a start (he was dreaming).  He was lying on a bed with a 'yoga' man sitting next to him writing on some sort of chart that had symbols down the side. He wrote down not across with some shorthand. The man was asking him what his dream about losing his leg was all about. It suddenly hit me that his dream allowed him to alter what was to come and so he could save his leg by changing what he did.
It dawned on me that I could change whether we were at the place where rae dies so that we wouldn't be at that place and she wouldn't die then. We could change things just by waking up from our dreams.
That's when my alarm woke me up
 I remember I was sleeping in my dream and woke up crying, in my dream, because of the dream I had been dreaming, in my dream, which was the above dream. I hope this makes sense.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My Sister's Dream,
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »
TC - Your dream has a lot of sorrowful feelings that you feel, but in fact has much hope in it. But much of what I say may not be understandable because dreams are a very different world and must not be judged by the ideas we have gained from living in the outer world. So please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing as this will save a lot of explaining.

The dream starts with a rocky path near water - the rocks are the difficult path you see your daughter on. But the water, as in the Bible, represent cleansing and life.

Then the image of the sunset is beautiful and represent feelings about death - yet it is a sign of the sun setting, but sunset comes before sunrise. I feel most of what is shown in your dream is about your own difficult feelings about your daughter, and are not necessarily a prediction about the future.

The last part of the dream shows you have a lot of support - the people around you in the dream. The woman in the wheel chair who becomes a man is a way dreams shift things and people around to give a mixture of meanings. For the woman and man in the wheel chair is you, and illustrates how a part of you feels crippled by what is happening with your daughter. And it ends with a way that you can change the whole way you feel, and therefore the way you daughter goes.

For it is all a dream, as the man realises as he wakes. Also you have the Lord on your side and with that you always have hope unless you believe in an unloving God. The yoga man is another image saying that help can come from any quarter for God and love is in everyone if they accept it.

But prayer can work wonders, for your state of mind and for your daughters future. For the future is only shadows cast by present events and attitudes, and if you change the present moment the future also shifts - common sense really. Also perhaps try using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

theresa corman

Re: My Sister's Dream,
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:16:58 PM »
Thank you so much this helps a great deal.  Theresa