Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Death by another woman  (Read 5756 times)

dreamgirl

• View Profile
Death by another woman
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »
Hello!

I am new here. Last night I had a very disturbing dream, what actually made me go seek some answers in the web. hopefully I will be able to find some.

I have been having strange dreams/nightmares often lately. And I can't think of a reason why.
Everything is wonderful at work, home, family, friends etc.

This night I had a nightmare about being killed by another woman. Which made me wake up crying.
First, I was at home, standing near the front door, made shure it's locked.
Next minute it was opened. I remember seeing  man on the opposite side at staring somewhere.
After that I realize I am not home, I am at my grandmother's place (which is a different country, different continent actually). I was standing near a small building ("summer kitchen"), when a woman appears.
She was very angry, having a mini meltdown, trying to hit me but "missing". She was saying something about the man I saw earlier. Which made me realize she was his wife/girlfriend and extremely jealous. The next thing I know she was hitting me with a very heavy metal object (like an old cast-iron iron). After a few strikes my soul leaves the body and I am at another place, listening to a conversation of two men. They are talking about "covering" all the mess that woman has done, basically avoiding the law. Then I return to where my body was and that woman was still there. But my soul does not go back into the body.
As I mentioned before, I have had some nightmares before, but no one tried to kill me.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Death by another woman
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
DreamGirl – This what I see about your dream, and correct me if I am not on track.

The first part of the dream shows how you close yourself against being deeply influenced by impressions you have. The man on the other side of the door shows this, even though you had locked it.

Then you see the woman, and this is a different state of mind – a different county so to speak. And there you encounter a part of you taken to be someone else. But in fact it is a very dramatised depiction of your feelings about relationships. She kills you, meaning that those feeling kill out a ability you have to be sensitive to others. And so you leave your body, showing how, rather than face those feelings you detach from your body.

Tony

dreamgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
Thank you Tony! Now could you please explain it in "English"? :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »
DreamGirl – Okay, I will try – but I am not so clear in English. :-)

When you dream of leaving your body it usually indicates that you are avoiding any physical feelings, emotions, pain etc. So this is where the killing of a part of you comes in.

What does this to you is another facet of you. To explain this - In the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream. Therefore our sexual drive may be shown as a person and how we relate to them; or given shape and colour as an object; or given mood as a scene, something that haunts our memory shown as a ghost or demon. Our feeling of ambition might thus be portrayed as a business person in our dream - our changing emotions as the sea or a river; while the present relationship we have with our ambition or emotions is expressed in the events or plot of the dream.

A dream portrays each part of us, such as our ambition, as being exterior to us, because a thought or an emotion is something we experience, not something we are. By showing our urges or fears as people or places exterior to us, our dreams are able to portray the strange fact that while, for instance, the love we have for another person is intimately our own, we may find such a feeling difficult to bear, as when one is married and falls in love with someone else. So then we can see the whole drama of our inner world and feelings acted out.

Therefore the grandmother in your dream is not actually your grandmother, but is an expression of anger. But in the dream world it is anger directed inwards, and that is difficult for you to bear so then you distance yourself from you emotions and pains.

Dreams are like thoughts and emotions put into drama; obviously when you think of your grandmother you would not think it is actually her – so in dreams it is the same.

Sorry about my shorthand.

Tony