Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recurring dream about comodo dragon and crocodile  (Read 10586 times)

pimuli

• View Profile
Recurring dream about comodo dragon and crocodile
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:25:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been dreaming this dream two nights in a row and also otherwise having very vivid dreams that leave me exhausted. The dream is that I'm lying in between a comodo dragon and a crocodile. I'm not so much scared as totally clear that I can't move or run away because they will gobble me up if I lift a finger. I'm recently working a lot on my fear of fear itself and also taking new steps in my business and I'm stopping myself all the time from taking new steps forward; I'm not sure though what the underlying fear is - I'm assuming that the reptiles are about fear holding me in place. What so you think?
I also have been having dreams about women being chased or attacked by men - last night it was a man with an axe - and I'm guessing this is part of the same fear of success and what my unconscious thinks about womens' right to succeed.

Thanks for a great forum, Tony!
Regards,

Pia

pimuli

• View Profile
Re: Recurring dream about comodo dragon and crocodile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 12:01:17 AM »
I actually got who the two reptiles were - it was my father and mother and I was stuck in-between (story of my life) and I was also scared to run away because they might tear each other to pieces. I'm using EFT (meridian tapping) to resolve the issue, it's been a really harrowing dream.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »
Pia -  I am not so sure it is just a woman’s fear of success. I and many men I know have awful struggles when facing opportunity. When I started to become self employed I had some awful dreams. It is the great fear of putting your head above the parapet – it could get knocked off.

The thing as I see it is that your dream of the Komodo and the crocodile are your very tools of success. You are seeing them as what could eat you – anxiety – but in fact they are powerful forces you could use.

The crocodile and Komodo are NOT outside you. They are powerful forces within you. But as with most people we are afraid of our own strength. So please see the entry number 7 in Dream Yoga - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-yoga/

So claim the strength instead of using it to paralyse yourself. And strength to you in what you undertake. I am sure you can get beyond the two parent figures if you integrate them as animal strength.

You have to realise that there is nothing outside of you while you dream. So it is all taking place within your community of yourself. Therefore it doesn't matter whether it is a dragon or a parent, it is still you paralysed by you. So instead of pitting yourself against yourself, it is wise to integrate any figure and have their/its power.

Tony
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:36:54 AM by Tony Crisp »

pimuli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:47:09 AM »
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply, it was very illuminating - fear has always been a big counter force in me and I am starting to understand what you're saying about ancient impulses and integration on a much broader level than just the ego-self. I've always seen dreams as parts of myself, inside, internalized; but reading about the dream yoga really hit the message home on a deeper level. Integration presupposes a state of acceptance and neutrality that I haven't before been able to access; but I am beginning to now. Thanks again!
Pia

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »
Pia - I answered this again without realising.But thought this reply might be amusing.

Pia – Well, as you say, you are working on fear of fear and the fear of success. You are a heroine!! I am not joking.

The crocodile and the Komodo are both great mages of fear of being swallowed – usually by the unconscious fears. But I think it is also fear of becoming bigger, more expansive, more powerful.

Those creatures are powerful and if you own them as you own power then you have a great potential. Here are some of my reactions to crocodile dreams:

I had an interesting dream this morning. It was one of those dreams in which the imagery moves so quickly, almost as if trying out alternatives or variety. But what I can remember is that another person and I, a male but very indistinct and shadowy, were facing mythical creatures in some sort of odyssey. A strange sort of crocodile or alligator type creature was supposedly attacking me. I had mixed feelings about this. Partly I felt there was nothing to fear about the creature, but another feeling was that it might be able to do some damage. In fact it was biting me across my chest, but all I felt was a very strong tickling feeling that made me laugh.

Now the huge unknown began to enter into my awareness. I felt the presence of an enormous creature rising to the surface of something like a swamp or a body of water. At first I thought it might be a whale, but as I paid attention to what was happening it defined into a huge crocodile.
This huge creature looked at me and said, “Tony, join me.”

I laughed at this because it was so huge, and with so many associations of swallowing things, that I said something like, “What do you mean join you? Don’t you mean that you want to eat me?”

The creature replied to me, “No. No, it’s not like that, I’m just like a submarine. I have all these lives in me. I have many, many lives in me. I am life. I contain the many. You can swim this ocean alone Tony, if you wish. Or you can join me, you can join the many. You can always, if you choose to live your independent life again, leave us.”

I laughed here because I had the image of me being independent, stripping off, diving over the side of the boat into the ocean and swimming off. It is something I have often done in the sea, swimming long distances alone, or off to an island out to sea, by myself.

I began to give myself to that great creature which I now understood as the collective unconscious, the unity of lives. It felt as if it was absorbing me, much as I had experienced earlier on.

So it is all about realising that the creatures you dream about are not outside you but are part of yourself you are frightened of, not used to, or are unsure of, but if you make friends with yourself you will come to no harm. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:41:15 AM by Tony Crisp »

pimuli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 06:27:13 PM »
Thank you Tony! Very interesting!

Power, anger and the repression of it are core issues for me in this life and as I'm thinking of letting myself own these powerful animals - there's quite a bit of resistance. I think the process has begun, though. Also I've been seeing images (while awake) of violence, fights, hitting and screaming and I think it's parts of myself that are doing it. I often fear that if I let myself feel it all, it will burn me up, starting right in my 3rd chakra. The anger has a white heat that will fry every particle in my being. Old traumas are surfacing to be healed.

My dreams on the other hand, are of green forests, waterfalls and coming home.  :)

/Pia

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »
Pia – This is the most difficult part. It is not the actual surfacing of old traumas, that is such a relief; it is facing and getting through the huge wall of defences that is awful. The defences are made up of feelings of being ill, fear, anger, pain and anything to keep you away from what, at the time when you were unable to face it, is the awful central fact. Once you are through it is easy and even enjoyable – I think, as that was my experience.

That white heat in your third chakra, can you let it rise and dance with it? Something that I found helpful was what I called the Dance of Agni (fire). Let the fire rise up on you and let it move your body and allow it to dance through you.

That isn’t a good description, but I hope you get the idea.

Tony

pimuli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
Hi Tony,

My experience is as well that once through the defence there's mostly just release and catharsis.
Thank you for the tip about moving and dancing! I will try that with the anger!