Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: throat  (Read 4805 times)

joy

• View Profile
throat
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:54:13 PM »
I was on the second floor of this old house, it seemed that the second floor was another apartment. I heard my mothers voice in the downstairs apt., but also heard another voice (my sons girlfriend). I heard her coming up the stairs, and was uncertain if I should open the door. She knocked and in a short time, I opened it. She stood in the doorway.  She was angry, and said that as she was cutting her throat that she'd make sure I'd pay for it. I said thats crazy, not right. But she started to cut her throat. I knew she couldn't blame me, because I had set my video recording on my phone to record her, before I opened the door to let her in.

The very very odd thing is that my husband also had a dream last night (same night as mine).His dream started out at the verizon store, he was having trouble with his phone. The guy took his phone and pressed a button, all his contacts were gone! now it moved to: that he was in an older house on the second floor, walked in and saw my son on a couch with another girl. There were 3 dogs in the house and they messed and urinated...stains all over the place. He saw me cleaning up the mess and I was crying. He said to my son, look what you've done to your mother. This isn't right you are a worm.   He asked my son what was all this? He said, I didn't have anywhere to go, so she took me in.  He was upset and said, You both get out, I'm not having this.  So they both left. Then he looked at the dogs and realized he had to call my son to ask about the dogs.  There was NO contacts on his phone and couldn't call my son.! 

SOOOOOOOOOO....I'm wondering what everyone thinks about my dream and how the two somehow coincide.
JOY
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:13:23 PM by joy »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: throat
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »
Joy - You must first realise that dreams put all our feelings, fears and hopes into images and themes in our dreams. So the people and animals in your dreams are about you and not other people.

I have to simplify your dreams to try to make sense of them, so you need to see them from your own feelings.

The second floor - seeing that you live in the US - is the floor just above what we call the ground floor, probably represents the emotions and ‘heart’, so relates to feelings about other people and relationships. The fact it is a different apartment tells me that this is a different department of your life, but the influence of you mother is still in your life from an older period of your life.

When we are young we take so much from our parents to build our behaviour. But often we are unaware of it. And I think the dream about your mother is about drawing on all you got from her. Most people are often totally unaware of the experience they take in and how it interacts with them when we love or live with someone. In other words the memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with someone and they are what makes you the person you are. Your dreams tend to put all that in the image of the past person when you are dealing with the influences left in you from the relationship. Please read this wonderful example, it will show how much we take in from those we love or lived with. http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Explains

All that leads to feelings you have about your son’s relationship with his girlfriend. It seems you have taken in much of what passed between you and him to back up you present attitude towards him.

Your husbands dream paints a similar picture though the details are different. Your husband has lost his contact with his son and some friends - the Verizon.

The older house is the old feelings that have been restimulated. Your husband has related badly towards his animal instincts - the dogs - and you have to deal with the emotional mess created. Most of go through difficult time when our children develop a will of their own and so are in opposition to a sons decisions and ways.

Having been involved with bringing up four sons and a daughter, my advice is that your son is trying to become emotionally independent of both of you. Do not make it too easy for him to gain his independence, but give him your loving support as he does it. We all have to learn to face life like warriors because the difficulties we face - not as soldiers but as humans - are enormous.

If what I have said does not ring any bells - please forgive my ignorance in dealing with a difficult dream. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/individuation/

Tony