Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ears and eyes!  (Read 9846 times)

Midlander

• View Profile
Ears and eyes!
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:03:34 PM »
Part of a series of dreams last night - I thought the imagery was really interesting!

My left ear was detached at the lobe and a bit messy and useless, so I took it off (surprisingly painless). Then I realised that I would have to have a false ear to hold my spectacles on. The false ear proved to be too thick and uncomfortable and I regretted removing my real ear - then reflected that it was damaged and not serviceable and that I'd done the right thing.

It reminded me of a passage in a book I read recently where the comment about 'listening with the eyes' was made - ie attentive listening : looking at someone while listening. It's usually the 'nose' we cut off 'to spite the face' but here it's the ear - and it's the sight it most affects and not the hearing!

It feels as though it's about choices and hasty choices. Also about convincing myself that an action has been for the best when it might not have been. I mean; how stupid is it to take your own ear off?! Is there some creative reference - eg Van Gogh? - maybe? Of course, it's the left ear and maybe related to the unconscious, the left brain, the sinister? It appears to be very self-destructive!

Midlander

• View Profile
Re: Ears and eyes!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
Ha ha! If I take your dictionary literally, I've been cutting off my intuition and therefore messing up my ability to see. Very neat!

Too much doing and not enough meditation/being going on - attending to more neglected areas of life. About right - have just spent the last couple of days focussing on redressing the balance.

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:33:08 AM »
 8) I freed a wild, white bear from a trap in my dream last night! (One of those horrible things that clamps around the foot - I opened it and he got his foot free and went on his way).

Nice one!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
That sounds like a real change.

A white bear is a way toward purity of ones instincts - and therefore uplift - unless I am mistaken.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 05:58:39 PM »
Ooh how exciting! 8) It felt significant!
Thanks Tony!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:17:11 AM »
Sorry - I was a bit flat yesterday, otherwise I would have said more.

See the entry on Pegasus as I feel your white bear has something in common with Peg. http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/pegasus/

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 05:09:51 PM »
Thanks Tony - I shall let that percolate! It fits with the mediation images of riding a wild white horse that I've had. Any idea why I see eyes when I meditate? Just in case you've come across that....
Many thanks and hope you were not feeling flat for long!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »
I have an idea, but it might sound outlandish. It is something I only recently clarified from trying to have insights into so many new dreams. I guess  it ties in with this that I came across last week as well. Because I am interested in the predictions for 2012 it has meaning for me.

GENEVA, Switzerland (UPI) — The search for the so-called God particle, underpinning theories of mass and gravity, could be over by the end of next year, researchers in Switzerland say.

If the subatomic particle predicted by theory and known as the Higgs boson exists, then the Large Hadron Collider of the European Organization for Nuclear Research Geneva will detect it by the end of 2012, a scientists involved in the search said.

“I am pretty confident that towards the end of 2012 we will have an answer to the Shakespeare question of the Higgs boson: to be or not to be?” Rolf-Dieter Heuer told Britain’s The Independent.

“But not finding the Higgs will not be a failure; on the contrary,” he said.

If the collider fails to produce evidence of the Higgs, something even more mysterious must explain mass and gravity, Heuer said.

This would require an overhaul of the “standard model” of physics that has guided scientists for decades, he said.

“If it does not exist, and therefore we do not find it, then we must find something else which takes up the job of the Higgs, namely giving up mass to elementary particles,” he said.

Researcher Guido Tonelli said physics was on the verge of changing the way we view and understand the universe.

“Physics will not be the same after 2012,” he said. “This will probably change our vision of the world. It will have an impact on the future, depending on what we discover or don’t discover.”

In quantum physics it says that at the deepest level of our being we are non-local. In other words we exist everywhere at the same time. This of course explains neatly the business of ESP and out of body experiences.

In 2002 I dreamt a woman led me by the hand into a wall of energy. I believe we knew more or less what would happen - that we would be absorbed and become wholly a part of this life form. As we walked into it I was trying to analyse what was happening and what it felt like. I lost all sense of my body as a dense form, but I could still feel my partner’s hand in mine in a very delicate way - again like energy playing upon energy. I could feel that the energy had totally penetrated me and was working on me in a healing way that would transform all of me. I felt I was now a part of countless other being, and I was a part pf them, sharing their strengths and weaknesses. So a wonderful balancing.

So I feel that you may be on the verge of touching many others, thus the eyes, the vision of countless others.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
That is very exciting, Tony! I have been inspired by String theory (my limited non scientific way of understanding it) because I think it brings to science that sense of other dimensions. I am sometimes very aware that I am living in this body and also am part of what I call 'the spiritual dimension' or 'heaven' as it has been known for millenia. I went from wanting to be individual after death, to being happy to be absorbed and now to a midway point of sensing that in this realm of spirit we are both one with 'the source' and distinct. I am a Celt by heritage and spirituality and that sense that there is a thin veil also ties in with String Theory. 2012 is believed to be a significant date, I have heard..........what lies ahead is also present in this moment. Perhaps I should talk to the people who are looking into this realm...........

Thank you!!