Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New here  (Read 6741 times)

Oneironaut76

New here
« on: June 04, 2014, 07:29:26 PM »
Hello beautiful dreamers,
Somehow,despite having perused the dreamhawk online dictionary many times,I did not notice there is a discussion board - until TODAY! How awesome! My name is Christina and I have been recording,living with,decyphering,loving and playing my dreams for about a year now. It has been THE most amazing approach to growing as a human being I have thus far enagaged in (ok,maybe apart from being a parent). I am looking forward to meeting many of you through the sharing of our dream journeys.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »
Christina - Oh dear! Oh dear; oh dear woman - wonderful what you said about being a parent. I haven’t heard anybody else say this. But here is my offering - it is under http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/the-mystery-of-parenthood/

“But looking at parenting from the light of personal transformation, being a parent is a spiritual path. Strangely I have never seen this mentioned in books on mysticism, yoga or the inner life. Nevertheless parenthood has all the disciplines of great spiritual endeavour.  In the incredibly intimate relationship between mother and baby, or parents and baby, you meet the mystery of LIFE face to face. In various spiritual disciplines or belief systems this is stated in a variety of ways. In Christianity it appears as, “Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me.” In other words you are dealing with an expression of the divine in dealing with your child. In helping your child to discover its own depths and potential, you are helping Life to discover itself.”

And thank you for you infectious enthusiasm.

Tony

Oneironaut76

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »
Thank you for the greeting! Lovely piece on parenting and I agree with you,that it is strange how nowadays it is rarely mentioned that parenthood is a spiritual path. It sure took me by surprise! Funny,how this immediately brings up a dream I had a short while back,that overtly has nothing to do with parenting,but really encapsulated the way I felt in the early parenting stages.....,my sense of who I believed myself to be completely hacked to bits. Ahhhhh,great facet to add to that dream. I wish I had kept a dream journal then,when I was pregnant...... but I know I could access some of that info now,if I needed. Also, really agree with your perceptive viewpoint towards language - I grew up bi-lingual and a whole different sense of being comes with the use of either German or English. :)

annathedreamer

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »
Christina  :)

I am surprised that you perceive it as that using a different language comes with a different sense of being.

Although I did not grow up bi-langual, I use three languages to communicate and my sense of being does not change with using another language.

What does help is that some words in another language give a better understanding of the symbol I am using to express my self.

I remember writing once about how the word to deal with sensed insufficient compared with the word
aus-einander-setzen.

- anna -
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:29:36 PM by - anna - »

Oneironaut76

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »
Hi Anna,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your comment made me muse whether "a different sense of being" is really what I wanted to express - and yes! it is!
Maybe it comes with me being bi-lingual and having family in both the U.S. and Germany - the different sense of being definitely appears mostly with those two languages,and not the ones I am conversational at (i.e. Spanish and French). I do approach the world differently,though,and perceive it in unique ways if engaged in English or German. My sense of self is the same,but my relationship to the world changes - just like when I switch genders in a dream,my sense of self is the same but the way I am in the dream world is different. Great impetus for deeper thinking,thank you!