Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Repetition of Dreams  (Read 6289 times)

babinsky21

• View Profile
Repetition of Dreams
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:29:06 AM »
I have two questions. One simple one; why are certain dreams repeated?

Second one; I have this dream where I go to a certain place. For example my last dream I was behind the scenes of the cast of Martin(the TV series) and I was relaxing with them. After I left with the show, I jogged to my mother's car.

Came inside the car, the seat was too pushed up and my vision was blurry. Push the seat back and my vision became clear again. I started driving through this curvy/zig zag road, and then I went on to another dream.

I always have this same dream but it changes with the different scenarios. I always get into the car and have problems and have to adjust in order to start up the car. And I always end up coming to a road or a lake/river , and then I will wake up or it will vanish into another dream.

What does this mean? I keep on having this same dream over and over again and it is bothering me that I cannot interpret it myself!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Repetition of Dreams
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »
Babinsky – I believe that dreams recur because there are ways the dreamer habitually responds to their internal or external world. Because their attitude or response is unchanging, the dream that reflects it remains the same. It is noticeable that recurring themes disappear or change because the attitudes or habitual anxieties that gave rise to them have been met or transformed.

Also some dreams recur because they are trying to teach us or communicate something. It might be a problem that needs to be met also, so a dream comes again and again until it is sorted. Here is an example of that:

A woman in her fifties told me that since early childhood until her forties she had experienced a recurring dream that was very disturbing. In the dream she was walking past railings in the town she lived in as a child. She always woke in dread and perspiration from this dream. During her forties she had the dream while her sister was visiting and told her the dream. The response was, “Oh, that’s simple. Don’t you remember that when you were about four we were walking past those railings and we were set on by a bunch of boys? Then I said to them, ‘Don’t hurt us our mother’s dead!’ They left us alone, but you should have seen the look on your face.” 

From that time on the dream never recurred. It seems likely the event had confronted the child with the possibility of her mother dying, which at that age she may never have met before. The impact was strong enough to permeate her life for nearly forty years, causing awful nightmares. 

Looking at your dream it starts of in a very youthful atmosphere, and I think that is important. You go from there to your mother’s car. I know that seems normal, but in dreams things are used specifically. So your mother’s car suggests that you do not yet have what is needed to be independent. That is probably why you cannot see well, because you were sitting in mother’s car and you need your own position/way of leading your life. The dream suggests you do not have it yet.

I think that you need to define exactly what you need to be independent, financially, emotionally and sexually. And do not fool yourself but be honest about where you are still dependent. It is no crime to be dependent, but you need to admit and do so with grace.

At least try what I have suggested, and see if your dreams change.

Tony

babinsky21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:28:04 PM »
Wow, its so wierd how you interpreted this so easy and also followed with an example.

I am thankful for your answer Mr. Crisp.

I, for the life of me could not define the dream to save my life!!

Thank you very much.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »
Hi Babinksy - You say, "It is so wierd how you interpreted this so easy and also followed with an example." Well, a little secret - I couldn't make out what you dream was about. So I used what I try to tell people on my site - that we are all so much bigger than we believe. That we are all in direct contact with a very wonderful wider awareness. So when I cannot understand a dream I ask that and often get a helpful reply.

Tony