Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My 12 year old son dreamt he was playing a video game....  (Read 9762 times)

supernayo

• View Profile
My 12 year old son dreamt he was playing a video game....
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
My 12 year old son had a dream where he was playing a video game about aliens that explore distant planets as his rocket/spaceship landed there was a small amount of blood on the ground where he was going to land. I am very concerned about the blood. Any input would be appreciated.

annathedreamer

Re: My 12 year old son dreamt he was playing a video game....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »

Hi  :)

How does your son perceive his dream?

- anna -

supernayo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
Hi Anna. He woke up and told me he had a nightmare so the blood must have scared him. He lives the video game (Pikmin 2) but he hasnt played it in about 2 years.

annathedreamer

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 07:27:09 PM »

Did you ask him if it was the blood that had squared him or was that your interpretation of his dream?

- anna -

supernayo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »
He didnt come out and say it was the blood that scared him...thats my intepretation because he loves the video game.

supernayo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:26:29 PM »
No worries Anna. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me about the dream.

annathedreamer

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »

Perhaps it is of help to your son to ask with which role he identifies himself in his dream?

Because Pikmin are small and weak, they can be easily killed by hazards or devoured by enemies when mis-directed or left unattended. The player can also only explore with his Pikmin during daylight, one day at a time— the player begins each day at sunrise and needs to finish all tasks and re-collect all stray Pikmin before sunset. Pikmin that are left behind at sunset are immediately lost to ferocious nocturnal predators. This mechanic is also a major feature in Pikmin. Unlike Pikmin however, in which the player must complete the game in 30 game days, Pikmin 2 gives the player an unlimited number of days.

Perhaps he identified with Pikmin in his nightmare?

- anna -

supernayo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
I will definitely ask him what role he identified with! This is very helpful...thank you! :)

annathedreamer

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 08:40:56 PM »
 :)

I trust this is helpful too:

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/age-and-your-dreams/#Childhood

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/childrens-dreams/

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/games-gamblilng/

Computer games: In such games the person playing can get very involved in the game, so that they feel as if they are facing real dangers, using real skill and facing awful odds. So in the dream you are exercising your life skills. Computer games as such that you can be killed or fail a thousand times and emerge none the worse. But if you learn the rules of the game of Life then you can go up the levels in this virtual reality world as well as in life.

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/your-dreams-and-understanding-this-site/#Computer

- anna -

« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:35:43 PM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 07:57:51 AM »
Supernayo - Remember that dreams are just like computer games in which you get very involved and face monsters and kill or be killed and nothing has actually happened – you are still alive and unhurt. But in this wonderfully alive virtual reality of your dreams we are all playing the game of life – the game we play in which we face or run away from the things that scare us; in which we explore the depths of our existence or learn how to love – or simply meet a reflection of our own weakness, terror and of course the wonder of your inner genius.

Also using a computer game your son is learning observation, response, and also that if he does it ‘right’ he will get a reward of entering a new level. All quite useful skills.

The spaceship probably represents areas of his experience he has not ventured into before. The blood is a sign that in all life events – such as learning to drive a car – there is the danger of injury or death. You should not try to protect him from such knowledge for knowing it he will be a better player in life and computer games. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing

Tony
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:59:42 AM by Tony Crisp »

supernayo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you so much for the dream interpretation. It really home and put my mind at ease. Thanks to you too Anna! <3

supernayo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 05:59:48 PM »
I forgot to mention that he told me he didnt identify with the pikmin in the game nor ghe astronaunt/captian olimar....he said he just dreamt he was playing the game in his room.

supernayo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »
I forgot to mention that he told me he didnt identify with the pikmin in the game nor ghe astronaunt/captian olimar....he said he just dreamt he was playing the game in his room.