Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whale watching in flying rowboat  (Read 4665 times)

kandj

• View Profile
Whale watching in flying rowboat
« on: June 28, 2014, 06:49:00 AM »
The sky is darkened i find myself in a little wooden rowboat. It hits the water, lifts up high into the air and heads at speed out to the open sea. I am holding on tight to the boat as it soars and dips, i am a little scared but exhilarated as well...the boat soars out above the sea i cant see land anymore. The boat takes me above the whales, they are beautiful and majestic, one leaps out of the water as my boat dips closer to her and i am mesmerized. This whale is unusual, white and dark orange/brown. The boat hovers over other whales as they glide through the ocean. We seem to travel for such a long time. It is a journey of wonder but i start to think of returning; maybe worrying about home. I speed toward land on the shore of a little coastal town and ask the girl at the kiosk to use her phone; i tell her i have been gone a long time and need to get home.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Whale watching in flying rowboat
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:54:05 AM »
Kandj - A very distinct journey into a different experience of yourself.

The little boat represents your own small area of experience and personality you usually know. But you, like most humans are a wonderful mixture of dimensions and experience, but most of the dimensions of us are filtered out by our thinking mind and culture. But in dreams we are lucky - as you were in this dream - to experience expanded awareness. Of course our dream process takes the wonderful full experience of wider awareness and translates into the images you dreamt. But is was still a wonderful experience.

The whales are your translation of meeting great living processes that are alive and wonderful in your inner life - and the huge ocean is again a translation of the hugeness of you that you are a part of.

Fortunately you found a way to come ‘home’ again - so you linked the wider life you were exploring with your everyday personality. It promises much for you in the future.

This was the way our ancient ancestors thought – not in words but in streaming fantasy or pictures that linked with feelings and past experience. That is why when we sleep we drop back into this ancient world of dreams. It is exactly this world of linked imagery, associations and emotions we enter in dreams. A problem that exists for us if we want to understand our dreams and extract the gold nuggets from them is that we usually attempt to understand this world of ‘pre-logical’ experience with our ‘logical’ thinking. We ‘think’ about our dream and attempt to interpret it according to our rules of logical thought. This is like trying to understand what it would be like to bathe in the sea by thinking about it when you had never before been in water. Thinking will not come up with the answer. You need to learn to swim. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/clicking-on/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/

Tony
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:57:56 AM by Tony Crisp »