Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why Do I dream about Random Strangers?  (Read 7113 times)

SalmonCrusts

• View Profile
Why Do I dream about Random Strangers?
« on: June 28, 2014, 07:21:34 PM »
Why do I have dreams in which I am not myself? I have dreams in which I am simultaneously in the body of someone else and also a third person observer. They are very strange.

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Why Do I dream about Random Strangers?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »
SalmonCrusts  :)

I wonder if you tend to be "all over the place" with your energy in your waking life?

Do you sense where you are with your energy in your waking life?

Are you aware that you can direct your energy?

Are you aware that you can direct your energy for a moment into others as well to sense what it is like to be that person?

Did you use the word "random" because you are not aware of where you enter or where you direct your energy (yet)?

random

adjective

adjective: random

made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.

I believe the dream shows you the possibilities you have to direct your energy, into someone else or into the observer mode.

To me being in the observer mode means that I observe what is going on, without identifying with any of it.

I also believe that the dreams shows you that being aware of it all at once is confusing, as in it is perceived by you as "very strange".

- anna -

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:37:15 AM by - anna - »

SalmonCrusts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
hmmm could be..I had some more dreams about strangers last night!..Except this time they were a bit more familiar. In my waking life I used to be very psychic and could see what other people were thinking. Not so much anymore.

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 03:34:32 PM »
Perhaps you can sort out for yourself if being able to see what other people are thinking has anything to do with people becoming more familiar?

Personally I do not see how one has anything to do with the other.

To me strangers becoming "familiar" is only reached on a much deeper level and has nothing to do with what
they think.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:50:47 PM by - anna - »

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »

Hi  :)

Perhaps this will give you some direction?

http://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=3447.msg6900;topicseen#msg6900

- anna -

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »

In my waking life I used to be very psychic and could see what other people were thinking. Not so much anymore.

Or this?

I am still learning from Tony too, and came across this article.

I feel it is always best to perceive whatever dream we dream from as many angles as possible and sometimes the words of someone else might resonate more, although both people are actually saying the same thing:

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/guardian-of-the-threshold/

It has often been noted that with those who take to the Path with sincere effort, at the outset they seem to lose whatever psychic abilities they had in regard to clairvoyance, clairaudience etc. I know this is not true of every student, but it certainly seems to be true of those in whom the psychic abilities manifest spasmodically and out of conscious control.

This loss of ability is a good sign, for it shows that the inner life is becoming marshalled and directed. No longer do psychic experiences occur spontaneously without conscious control. This period is certainly a frustrating one, for it seems as if even the little we had has been lost. What is happening is that we are learning to tap the psychic awareness at will, and when desired. This is a great step forward on the previous uncontrolled phenomena, and it takes time.

- anna -

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:30:56 PM by - anna - »