Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: daughters dream/ need answers to help her  (Read 6233 times)

diana965

• View Profile
daughters dream/ need answers to help her
« on: May 19, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »
my daughter told me that shes afraid to sleep because when she does she sees herself slicing her wrists in her sleep, but when she wakes up she has really dark red marks on her wrists like she was actually trying to cut her wrists in her sleep. she is afraid to go to sleep because she feels like she may try to kill herself and it really happen. can this happen? she believe it has something to do with testifying against her brother in court. could this be possible? she goes to therapy but the therapist doesn't talk to her about what has happened in the past only like the past week, and so on. my daughter has a 2 year old son to raise and shes afraid that if she sleeps and dreams. that the dream will come true or that if she goes to go sleep she may do something in her sleep. is that possible? is it true that if you die in your sleep, you will die for real?

diana965

• View Profile
Re: daughters dream/ need answers to help her
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:09:37 AM »
I'M REALLY HOPING TONY CAN ANSWER THIS SO I CAN HELP MY DAUGHTER.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: daughters dream/ need answers to help her
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »
Diana - First of all it isn't true that if you die in your sleep you die in reality. I have died several times in my sleep, and have dreams of several other people who have died. You are not to be afraid of this. Your daughter and you are connected unconsciously, so any worry about her will in a small way influence her.

And yes, while we sleep we can do all manner of things. Unfortunately it seems as if your daughter has a lot to worry about, unnecessarily. But that doesn't take away the effect it is having on her. Tell your daughter that if she keeps on worrying and imagining awful consequences she could easily carry on scratching her wrists while asleep. Then when she sees the marks she will worry all the more. Isn't there anything she believes in - a strong figure or holy person she could find shelter in?

Pray for her.

Tony