Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2 dreams - same night  (Read 5309 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
2 dreams - same night
« on: July 26, 2014, 09:25:16 PM »
Here are two dreams from the same night. I'm not sure if they are directly related or not?

1 - I recall I was showering naked in some kind of outdoor shower stall outside in the yard at the farm where I live. I recall two tom cats were coming into the stall at my feet but they weren't really getting wet. For some reason the colors of the two toms seemed to especially stand out to me in the dream. One cat was white and the other was a black and white tuxedo cat. I also recall seeing the image of my naked body reflected in a mirror and it looked goddess like – there was a sense of the beauty and sacredness of the feminine form that I could see in the reflection. I also recall that the water in the shower was warm and there were two shower heads instead of just one for some reason.

2 - In the second dream that followed the first I recall that it seemed almost like I was being told a story and viewing it as a detached observer. I recall that a man had been banished from a kingdom (I think he might have been a wizard or somehow magical but misunderstood) and there was also a young apprentice involved that I felt somehow identified with. The young apprentice was close to the banished man. Then all of a sudden this flaming creature became involved in the story. It was half man and half bull and I recall it had an especially big, flaming penis. It sounds funny to write it but it really stood out in the dream! Somehow I knew that it wasn’t flaming in a way that could actually burn and I sensed that the apprentice was close to the bull but all the other people in the kingdom were very afraid of it.

I'm pretty lost in terms of the meaning of the second dream and I'm especially curious about the first dream because the black and white colors of animals is a reoccurring dream theme recently.

Thank you for any helpful insights! :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: 2 dreams - same night
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:45:24 AM »
DreamTime - Of course you are a goddess, and you are just beginning to realise it. As it says in Genesis, “So God created man in his image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them”. It says very clearly that we are divine in ourselves are indeed goddesses and gods. But like seeds that are growing and so our full potential is still not in flower. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/the-secret-bible/

Showering suggests you were clearing or cleaning your inner self, and that is why you could see your own beauty. The two cats are the two great opposites in everyone’s life - the light and the darkness. But for some reason we have been taught that the dark is to be avoided or is evil. Yet if life were just light you wouldn’t be able to see anything, because we need a mixture of light and dark to give us colour and form. The same applies to darkness, and it is the merging of the two that gives us the life we know.

‘And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day’.

The two shower heads are probably because of the duality in our nature.

The second dream - well you certainly go in for blockbusters!

The story is the story of you - how could it not be? But like most great stories it is about all of us. The magician is of course our highest part of us - like many such stories we have been banished from our kingdom in which we were workers and carers of life on our planet, not rulers and destroyers, not division but unity. One last thing is that the Hebrew original designates Adam’s power as IN the life of the earth and animals, not as a ruler over them.

You the apprentice is the aspect of you still growing as suggested above, for we are all seeds of Life/God that are learning what we are, how we came into being, where we are going, and who and what we are.

The half man and half animal feature is very old. We see it in the sphinx showing how human consciousness arose from the animal, and the animal was seen as holy. The half bull half man is a wonderful image of you/us which shows the enormous importance of the animal nature in us, and the part it plays in human sexuality. For many of use are still dominated by animal instincts and like animals we can be moved here and there by advertising using our sexual urge, or fears, our desperate hunger to have and possess, and of course to be for some king of the castle.

The fire depicts the enormous and powerful force of transformation that fire has. So the bull and the man need to transform with the power they have within them. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/kundalini/

You/the apprentice, the learning self being close to the bull because you are open to the power of transformation - whereas many will not even allow it and in fact fight it.

Tony