Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On a boat  (Read 5820 times)

Mikey22

• View Profile
On a boat
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:04:06 PM »
Riding in a boat with some others.  There is a problem with the boat and it starts to go down.  Fortunately there is another, much larger boat nearby.  There are many people on it.  We get close and ask if we can come aboard-they tell us its not a good idea but we board anyway.  While on the boat we are told that there is not a lot of food and the journey will take 2 weeks.  I remember thinking that I can live without food, as long as there is fresh water. 
I then visited the bathroom on the ship and noticed that the fingernail on my left little finger was coming detached.  There was an infection underneath it and I saw bugs running around under the nail.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: On a boat
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:36:35 AM »
Mikey22 - I see your dream as being about survival, survival in the world, business and as a person. So it probably relates to you as a wage earner, a worker and also a person.

I get the impression that you are faced by a big decision because it seems to you that your present or previous means of survival is failing. But from the point of view that dreams take it is only an apparent sinking of the boat. I mean by that if it were an actual boat you would be faced by drowning, but it is not an actual boat, it is your dream boat. In a dream there is never any danger unless you feel there is. You cannot drown or die in your dreams. Of course you could dream of drowning and feel the fear of dying, but you would wake still alive, though maybe troubled by the feelings you let loose. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing

So you are not faced by the decision of whether to die or survive by going on the big boat, but the decision of whether you can face surviving without the presence of others - making it seemingly alone. I say seemingly because you are never actually alone in the great ocean of life. Though at first it takes some faith in yourself.

Going to the big ship is becoming involved with the means of survival used by the majority; working in the great commercial industries. Buckminster Fuller realised when his first child was born and realised that Life itself created the child, he knew that if he lived his own life he would be supported by life and living.

Of course it might mean having very different attitudes.

The little finger I do not have enough dreams to arrive at anything definite, but it might mean that an apparently unimportant part of you will become infected if you go on the big boat - a part that that could lead to a spreading infection.

Tony

Mikey22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:54:24 PM »
Thank you Tony.
As usual you are very helpful.  It very well may be relating to my business life.  I run my own construction business and have for many years.  I have always been hands on and enjoy the work, but my business is growing and if I want it to continue to grow, I see myself having to take more of a managerial role, and I'm not sure I'm up for this, or want to do it. 
I am having a hard time with the loss of control  of becoming a manager.  I don't like to not have my eyes on everything that we do.   But at the same time, I can serve more people, both customers and employees if I do.  While I am still physically in excellent shape, I know I won't be able to keep my current pace forever, so that is something to consider.
Also, yeah, the fingernail thing was weird.  It troubled me in the dream and carried over a bit into waking.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 08:35:15 AM »
Mikey - It might be worth while to try being the finger nail. I would be interested in what you find. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

Mikey22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
Spent some time yesterday with this.  I was not able to go as deeply as I had hoped but the feeling was this:

I was lonely.  It seemed that no one would pay the attention to me that I needed.  I was covered up because no one wanted to see me, and those who did know of me hoped I would eventually go away.

My impression of this is that the nail represents some part of me I still haven't come to terms with or acknowledged as myself.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 08:14:19 AM »
Thanks Mikey - That is very helpful. I will try to integrate it with the dictionary.

Tony