Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreaming that son goes missing  (Read 74661 times)

livinwickless

• View Profile
Dreaming that son goes missing
« on: June 01, 2011, 07:02:43 PM »
I've had this reoccuring dream almost weekly for some time now. I have 2 children and the youngest is my son. I always dream that we are in public somewhere and he goes missing. It's always in different settings. In the dream, I never find him. For months, I've had this dream and wake up sobbing uncontrollably. Shaking and sweating. I walk to his room to find him snug in his bed and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Last night, I had the same dream, however, in this dream, I found him, curled up in a room under a blanket crying. Last night's dream was disturbing because people I had talked to in later wouldn't help me because they didn't remember me and my kids being in the store!

What is going on here? Do I need to seek psychiatric help? I've never dreamt of my oldest going missing. It's always my son. Can you try to interpret this for me?

Thank you so much!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreaming that son goes missing
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:45:39 AM »
Livinwickless – This is a dream, and in this case is not about real life but about what is going on inside you. You have to take into account – and of course you do not need so see a psychiatrist – that you are a caring and loving mother. And being a mother gives you a super awareness of anything to do with your children. That awareness is at times like an anxiety about them. Ask around with other mothers and you will see it is natural.

Of course you are worried about losing your children, and the dreams are showing you in a state of anxiety. But also there are other things at work here. As soon as there are any signs of a child becoming independent, a mother often dreams of losing their child, and it turns into a nightmare scene. Having been ‘on guard’ over your children for year after years it is very difficult for mothers to let go of that role. In fact it is worth explaining to them how you cared for them, and it is difficult to see them break away, and to treat you with care as they do so – they should do it slowly.

Some mothers actually dream of seeing their child jump off of a high bridge at such times.

Tony