Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreaming every night  (Read 6319 times)

whoisnell

• View Profile
Dreaming every night
« on: May 23, 2011, 06:44:20 AM »
i have been having dreams almost every other night, if not every night.. and i could recall, feel, hear and almost smell in my dream.. when i awoke, i some dreams will linger in my mind for days and weeks and i have no idea how to deal with it.. there will be times i'm afraid to sleep because i will have dreams which troubles me..

i'm hoping that someone can help process this dream of mine which i had earlier..

i am in a hostel somewhat sharing a room with another girl.. my roommate informed me that we are invited to a wedding party outside while we were talking about what to wear for our prom.. (its funny bcos i never attended prom).. my roommate commented on my choice of clothes and i felt inferior..

then i am on a tram.. the route is very familiar.. it stops at an intersection where passenger will go off to change line.. i sat on the tram looking ahead.. i had this deja vu feeling.. i've always been here before.. my dream keeps repeating me on the tram to the same stop at the intersection.. most of the time i will remain on the tram but there are a few times where i got off..

what does that mean?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreaming every night
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:45:32 AM »
WhoisNell – The prom is a promenade where you are seen as either a winner or a loser. So much so a Queen and King are chosen, which says these are winners, and the rest of you are …….

This is a bit like the Olympics where only three are chosen, the rest didn’t make it.

But that is all rubbish, and so you have caught a bad dose of inferiority. And I feel that is why you are still sitting on the tram at the intersection because you feel you do not measure up and so make no move to get on with your own motivation.

The thing is, who are you going to measure yourself against? You are a winner in the very first lap. Out of millions of sperm in the procreation race you won. Then you have survived the huge difficulties of growing up – at lest physically. Are you lying in the gutter drunk? Are you unable to move your body like those born with brain injury? You are a winner in the race – the human race. This dream illustrates what could be.

My husband has a gamy - crippled, damaged - leg in real life. In his dream though he is running in the London Marathon. He is running along with everyone doing okay. He sees the finishing line and all his family are there cheering him on. Then he crosses the finishing line and we all rush forward to hug him. We are all happy except for his son in law who is crying. He keeps wondering why his son-in-law is crying. Edna. LBC.

I see the dreamer as a man who is near the end of his life looking back and assessing the quality of it. The marathon is his participation in life. He is a part of a ‘race’ - the human race. The imagery of the marathon is wonderful in depicting this. In it is all manner of human expression. Some participate out of competition. They want to struggle to achieve, to break barriers. Others are there almost crawling on hands and knees. They stay the course despite their condition. Determination, anger, fury, show on their faces. Some are participating for the sheer fun of it, in funny costumes, seeing the comedy of life. Others are putting in this enormous human effort for others - to collect funds for charity. Still others just love being with the crowd, meeting, mating, communicating. Apart from the various ways of participating by running, the crowd of onlookers are also a vital part of it; as are the recorders, the police, the helpers by the wayside, the officials who organise behind the scenes. The race is all of these in its totality. This is your life.

So the dreamer sees himself as a part of all this. He has two good legs because he feels his life has been full and adequate despite the condition of his body. He doesn’t feel crippled. At the end, the finishing line, death, he realises he has developed bonds of love with his family that will go with him over the boundary line when his life is finished. But there is pain too as his son-in-law cries. This is most likely due to the real sense of death and the ending of all the experience of the ‘race’, all the togetherness and loss of what he has been and done as a young man.

Who is Nell? She can be anything she chooses to be. She can stay sitting on tram - some people do. Some people will get off and explore, sing in the streets, be a mum or a dancer or a participant cheering on those who are running.

Tony