Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: jump/flying  (Read 4533 times)

Mikey22

• View Profile
jump/flying
« on: August 10, 2014, 01:12:59 PM »
I was in a mall and ready to leave.  I knew that I needed to purchase a dress shirt before leaving and went to the store to do so.  The shirt had a black and white checkered pattern on it.   I noticed that a group of guys from my high school, mostly a couple years older than me were following me.  I tried to stay ahead of them.  It was not a group that ever bullied me in real life, but a group I was intimidated by nonetheless.  I made my way outside with the shirt and noticed they were coming closer.   While outside I jumped, and when I jumped I was able to rise to an alarming height, but never felt unsafe.  Easily 100 or 200 feet off the ground.  At the peak of my jump I realized that I would have to come back down and find another way to escape.  Fortunately my wife was starting a helicopter for us to escape in, so I joined here when I came back down.  I remember the guys were getting closer and I was telling her to hurry up with the helicopter.  We flew away.

Obviously there is a fair amount going on here-but the jumping is of specific interest to me.  It is something that shows up often in my dreams and always feels kind of good.  I always jump quite high, and always glide back to the ground safely.  Not always, but most often I am being pursued by someone or something when this happens.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: jump/flying
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:40:38 AM »
Mikey22 - Well it has the marks of this type of dream - ‘I was in a building with a group of people. I was being chased and suddenly fly up in the air to escape my pursuers.’ Michael O.

But it seems to link with habits or reactions you developed when feeling unsafe with others. Yet you have developed it over the years almost to an art form. It started this time because you sought a shirt that was maybe to do with your public image - black and white suggest a good balance. In ourselves the good and bad coexist, and one balances the other. So this would suggest such coexistence and balancing. But you do not feel confident about others seeing you in that way and so use your escape mode.

Your wife and the helicopter is a mixture of support for you and also another way of escape, a more certain way.

Tony