Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: White Horse with Wings dying  (Read 5447 times)

louiser

• View Profile
White Horse with Wings dying
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
I had a dream that was so bizarre last night that I can't shake it.  Typically when I dream, I can pinpoint exactly why I had the dream and make associations but this one has me completely thrown off.

Of course I don't remember all of it, but here is what I do remember:

There was a kids outdoor playset with multiple levels and had 2 tiers with a roof.  In my dream I jumped to try to land on the playset (I don't remember why or if I was running from something...it wasn't a peaceful jump it seems like I was trying to get away from something but I don't remember being chased) and I hit the roof and fell to the next tier onto the other roof, but when I hit the first roof a white horse with wings was perched on top of it and it flipped over and fell on it's back and died (or was injured) then I was losing my balance on the roof I was on top of and tried to jump but my leg was injured and I undershot my target and as I was falling and about to hit a metal dome face first I woke up.

I felt pretty disturbed when I woke up, even though this wasn't necessarily a scary dream, it really felt like one.  I couldn't shake the image of the white horse with wings laying on it's back and that's the part I really don't understand.

Can anybody make sense of this. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: White Horse with Wings dying
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:43:14 AM »
Louiser - I need to ask you some questions to help you understand your dream. But first of all remember that this is a play area in which you can ‘play’ at interacting with characters such as the winged horse. With Playset it is designed so that no one gets hurt, but as with any play that you get involved in the feelings are aroused.

So why were you running away, trying to avoid or escaping from? Also the disturbing feelings you awoke with are probably clues to what you were avoiding. I take it you have read http://dreamhawk.com/news/summing-up/ because it explains a lot about ones dreams. So any feeling you felt were symbolised in the dream as instructions.

The winged horse is a representation of a wonderful talent or ability we have that has been injured and is near to death. It is an expression of the wonderful sexual instinct that transforms into love and insights. Insight because the wings can carry you much higher into your awareness, leading you to see more of yourself and Life.

I would like you to use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and ‘be’ the winged horse and also yourself and maybe the Playset to find greater insight into you dream. It is an important dream so take time with it.

Tony

louiser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »
Wow!  Thank you.  When I first read your response, I just closed my laptop, because I didn't think I would ever be able to figure this out.  I guess I just wanted to be told what it meant!  I reread the links that you provided and felt like I was at a dead-end and that I would just have to write this dream off.  I am not normally so quick to dismiss, but I don't recall my dreams ever being so symbolic, they typically seem straight forward and as I mentioned, I have in the past been quite good (at least I thought so at the time) at deciphering my dreams.  Now I wonder how much I have been missing.

So I did what you said, something I have never done before and imagined all of the images being me and it wasn't at first apparent.  But just now, while I was in the shower it became blatantly obvious.  All 3 of things you pointed out (the play set, winged horse and me).  I will say, that what I discovered does not put me in a flattering light but it all completely makes sense now.  Now I know what feelings I am dealing with and finally feel at peace with this dream that has been consuming my mind for the last 24 hours.

So thank you so much!  I didn't realize your questions would lead me to the answer this quickly.  Now, I know what I need to do/work on.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:34:47 AM »
Louiser - Thank you so much for taking the time to follow through, and for telling me the results you got.

I have realised recently that sometimes my response to dreams must feel like a slap in the face. But I realised that most dream sites simply give either ridiculous made up comments, or run of the mill interpretations. And what I am trying to do after learning so much from all the dreams sent in - and of course 50 years trying to understand - is to show people how to actually meet their own dreams and themselves. A sort of teaching thing.

Tony
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:46:54 AM by Tony Crisp »