Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2 Dogs  (Read 6817 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
2 Dogs
« on: August 18, 2014, 06:04:02 PM »
Hi Tony! I have this curious dog dream that I've been exploring and I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

I am returning home, walking toward the door to my house I see an old dog and it looks like it's sickly or else just very, very old and I know it will soon die. I didn’t want to approach the dog but it wants to connect with me somehow. I recall feeling a bit conflicted because part of me felt sincere compassion but at the same time I wanted to avoid it. I decided to go around back and then I was jogging around the house with ease and decided to see if it was still there at the door. When I came around the house there was a different, new dog where the old dog had been. It was a huge black and white dog – mostly black. It looked exactly like a Great Dane only giant in size. I recall specifically how muscular it was and knew that it was incredibly strong. Also, somehow I knew that it was male. It started to approach me and I felt intimidated and afraid it might not be friendly yet somehow it seemed to know me.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: 2 Dogs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:31:06 AM »
DreamTime - How can I answer such a powerful and wonderful dream? I can only try to skim the depths of feelings the dream shows you.

The walk towards the door of your house shows you preparing to enter into awareness of your body. Not just your surface sensations but the amazing mystery that you are. In doing so you see the old dog that will soon die. But as with any deeper awareness of our own great being we tend to avoid it. To know it would be to open yourself to such much knowledge and feelings about the real you.

You manage to avoid this by going to losing sight of the dog - but your compassion worked on you unconsciously. You jogged around the house, performing another cycle of the spiral of growth. In doing so you missed seeing and feeling the death of a part of you and also the birth of a magnificent creature.

Again, as you see it/new awareness approaching, you are loathe to let it into your consciousness. So your dream is showing you that an old way of relating to your intuitive and instinctive self that you feel compassion for has died, and in dying has brought forth a much stronger and giant feature of your inner life.

To really get a better understanding of your dream please read - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/#mammalbrain - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Reaction - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:27:51 AM »
DreamTime - A Dream is like a seed, it is something that comes from a deep part of you; it is something that is working upwards toward being conscious. As such it often, like a seed, takes time to break through to the surface, and then it has to grow. So often dreams are not recognised for their full meaning until later – sometimes months or even longer. The dream images are attempts to communicate something that has probably never been thought about or even been consciously thought about, so has never been put into common conscious thinking before.

It is a communication from the depths, from beyond thought, and so any interpretations that are given by thinking may completely miss the point. But the source of the dream, which is a process of Life, is intelligent in its own way, and will take part in any attempt to communicate. So exploring your dreams by entering into their imagery and attempting to understand them will be a two way process.

I am quoting this hoping it has something in it for you.  :)

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:09:50 AM »
Dreamtime - Sorry, but I try not to push too much information at you. But in fact I, find that we are so little prepared to understand our own being. So again I suggest you read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Arising

Said with a smile.

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 10:43:23 AM »
DreamTime - It’s all a part of life’s rich pattern! You will see how rich you are as you see even more of yourself. I know it is easy for me to say - but it took me until my late sixties to untangle my messes - well most of them   ;)

Tony