Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Does Sleep Disorders Can Cause Bad Dreams?  (Read 5574 times)

philsmiths

• View Profile
Does Sleep Disorders Can Cause Bad Dreams?
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:56:05 AM »
I've seen a same variety of dream too many times, I find too horrible after that dream, I am suffering from sleep disorders, anyone can feed me information does the sleep disorders can cause bad dreams. Most of nights ended with dreams and I feel, quite restless. Please tell how to get rid from dreams while sleeping.  ::)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Does Sleep Disorders Can Cause Bad Dreams?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:44:34 AM »
Phil - I think you have it back to front. In other words the disorder in your inner world causes your disturbed sleep.

Dreams are not effects of illness but a way of dealing with the problem. What people meet who have  managed to break through their terrifying images the apparently real images and events of the dream,  is they meet the cause  and enter into direct personal insight. In other words the images of the nightmare give way to direct memoirs of past events that lay the foundation of feelings out of which the nightmare arose. For instance Robert Van de Castle writes that when he has helped people explore nightmares about a ghost, it has always led back to the childhood memory of a parent coming to the bedroom and lifting them or moving them to prevent bed wetting.

Example: I am a detective following clues regarding some sort of crime. They lead me in a large cellar, and within the cellar I come across the entrances of two tunnels. These are nearly the size of underground train tunnels, and are side by side leading away into pitch blackness. I decide to explore the tunnels and start to walk into one. I was overwhelmed by terror, as if the very darkness of the tunnel was a living force of fear that entered and consumed me. I screamed and screamed, writhing in uncontrollable fit like contractions. Nevertheless a part of me was observing what was happening and was amazed, realising I had found something of great importance. Andrew P.

Because Andrew explored this dream with me, I know the darkness was depicting fear he experienced while a 9 year old in hospital. He was given a rectal anaesthetic because he was about to have a nose operation. He fought and begged for the nurses to stop, but to no avail. This led to a very real feeling that humans were terrifyingly dangerous animals who would not respond even if you were on your knees begging. So trauma was the fear in the darkness.

So try http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

Evens

• View Profile
Re: Does Sleep Disorders Can Cause Bad Dreams?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:02:29 AM »
Dreams can be persistent if you need to be aware of something.  Our subconscious takes in much more information than our conscious mind does.  Too much awareness can cause depression though so our mind protects itself.

You want to figure out why you are having these dreams?  What is the overall feeling you get upon waking?

I find that speaking randomly about dreams helps to unveil the message.  As fast as you can, write down 10 words that remind you of the dreams you've been having lately.  Don't analyse it, just write the first images that come to mind.