Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meaning of this dream...  (Read 5165 times)

IreneA

• View Profile
Meaning of this dream...
« on: October 14, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »
Curious about my dream from last night.

I saw a small bulge on the inside of my left arm which began to move like a bug down the arm. I began to push it down my arm and it yielded easily to the pushing travelling at a fast pace down the arm. A kind of square/rectangle of four holes opened up on the back of my hand (similar in image to a window) and through it, the bump became a black string tied up in some kind of knot inside my hand. I pulled on one end of the string and it unraveled easily and I painlessly pulled it all out. A moment later, on the same spot on the back of my hand, I pushed through a large amount of pus, as though from a pimple and I saw it come out in one large dark green/black swoop of gunk. There was a distinct feeling of emptying it out...There remained from the pus elimination a wound the size of a 5 pence coin and I marveled that it was not at all painful though very red. Shortly after, this time an actual bug came out of the back of my hand. It was quite sizable and greenish gray-black (I think), and within a split second, it's pupa or some kind of cocoon came out too, completely intact. I felt in the dream a distinct feeling of relief that it was intact, as though it had not emptied its eggs inside of me - eggs was the image I got when I saw it..

Then I saw myself running at an incredible speed. I wasn't running toward anything or anyone, just running at great speed and I could see that I was smiling and felt light, challenging people I came across to a race, running over hills and valleys. Just running.

Running dreams have always been a theme in my dream but they were always running away from something or someone. This is the first time I have had this kind of running dream and exhilarating is the only way to describe it. I think the dream in general heralds happier times but I would be glad to hear someone else's interpretation.

Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Meaning of this dream...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
Irene - If you are right handed, then your left arm represent you supportive strength for what you do with your right hand. So if you were cutting up something with you right hand you would steady if with your left.

The knot that you pulled out suggests either emotions that were not expressed and became knotted up in an inner tension - shown by past dreams of running away; or a knot that tied you to another person in a way that undermined your self confidence.

The bug was probably something that was put into you by things people said or their reactions to you that really bugged you.

But in some way you rid yourself of these things and the release is wonderful. The running is an expression of your energy freed of its restriction.

Tony

IreneA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 12:10:35 PM »
Thank you very much Tony. This helps me out a great deal as I can put into perspective events of the last few days.

I have always been a confident person but somewhere along the line, I began to be afraid of this confidence because it always seemed to rub some people the wrong way. I found myself over the years unable to truly express any thought, opinion or emotion that could be remotely construed as 'angry' or 'aggressive' and it killed me inside. A few days ago, I had an altercation with some friends in which I stood by my opinion over a matter I felt strongly about and was unable to hide my anger or frustration - as a result, those friendships no longer stand but I was very relieved to make my voice heard and I was willing to put the friendship on the line if it meant I was no longer feeling so diminished in my expression. Your explanation makes perfect sense. I don't understand why we as humans have demonised anger as an emotion so much - I feel like I have always been apologizing for not seeing eye-to-eye on every matter with everyone in my life...very powerless feeling.

Having a mercury retrograde in Scorpio plus Saturn in Scorpio for a person who has 7 planets in Scorpio including all the majors (I know - someone up there was having a lot of fun:-) has been very taxing so I shall be glad to see the end of this year.

Thank you for responding to my question.
Irene.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »
WOW - Thank goodness you can see anger as a positive and not the negative so many people see it as.

Obviously everything in our emotional range needs balancing influences, but you have plenty of those. And thank for taking the time to tell us where you got to with your dream and you.

Tony