Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Scared in the attic  (Read 4324 times)

chaderopla

• View Profile
Scared in the attic
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
I was in a huge house that was mine, but it didn't feel like it was mine, maybe as if I just moved in or something. The house had a few secret passages, one of them lead up to the attic. As I was walking up the stairs I felt as if I was being watched by the something in the shadows. I couldn't find a light but there was a window and the moon shone enough that I could see. There were old paintings and clothes hanging and some in a chest that I went looking through. Toward the back of the attic near the window there were huge drapes, like tapestries. On the other side of it there was another room and had a huge bed. Suddenly the light turned on and I turned out of the room with the bed into the main attic part and there he was, but I couldn't see his face. I just knew I was glad to see him, I felt relieved, and then I woke up.

I should note that until the I saw the person who I knew I was scared the entire time. Also, I have had this dream before, but it was about 10 years ago, back then it was a reoccurring dream. And back then there was no room with a bed and the light never came on, I was just always scared and trapped knowing someone was watching me in the shadows.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Scared in the attic
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »
Chaderopla - There is so much to explain about you dream. First of all each of us have at least two major parts of us. The first part you know as your conscious self and personality, but that really is a small part of you.

The second part of the you that states a little about itself in dreams, visions and intuition is your sleeping self. That is a huge part of you and most people hardly explore it at all and even believe it doesn’t exist. But obviously you woke the interest of that part of you ten years ago but perhaps didn’t know how to, or didn’t want to explore it.

You were naturally scared of it because it was unknown to your small self as it opened to your huge self. You see self consciousness in humans is a very new and vulnerable thing, and so has very rigid barriers about what it allows itself to be aware of. But before we arrived at self consciousness we were animals that had a very different awareness, a huge ocean of instinctive knowledge. But unlike us they could not ask such questions as, “What am I? How did I come to be? Where did it all begin?”

So there is the potential for us to look back upon ourselves - often little used - that enables us to part the draperies of our mind and begin to see beyond our small self. And you have done it, but what you have glimpsed is all explained in the symbols of your dream. And symbols are only the cover of a huge book that has not yet been read.

The house is a pictorial introduction to the big you. The attic is a bit like going up many floors and having a wider view of your life. The house was yours definitely, but it felt strange because your new body and brain had no memories of it. But your sleeping self has a much longer memory, and showed the small you old ways of life, and paintings depicting other lives. The bigger room and bed shows that there is even more to discover about the past that brought about the person you are today. Remember that every seed has a very long past, and the seed that grew into the body you inherited also has a history dating back to the very beginnings of life on this earth. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/jesse-watkins-experience-of-enlightenment/

The light went on because you are beginning to see what you are. The man is also a symbol and represent your big self that you obviously are waking up to.

Here are some ideas that might help - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ - http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/methods-of-awakening/ - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony