Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Huge ships  (Read 5286 times)

Patricia

• View Profile
Huge ships
« on: October 19, 2014, 09:00:32 PM »
Hi Tony. I hadn't had a significant dream like this one in a long time. I was looking for a job and someone told me to go to a place, which was like a white mountain-company or something like that. I initiated my trip to that place. I went through a lot, had to talk to people, come in to places... but I didn't find it. Someone told me that the place was near a Ship, which name was... I forgot now. So I kept going through theaters and malls and finally I got to where all the ships were. I saw them all spread out in the Ocean, all huge, that I felt in panic. I had to look for that ship I was told to find that place where I would have a job. I couldn't. I turned my back to quit.... I knew then that I would never been able to go on a cruiser in my life, being in the Ocean on a boat made me feel panic. But then, there was a desk and a man behind signed a paper for me or something, that I just felt like I could try it, so I went ahead and initiated my walk among these enormous ships. I asked somebody else and he told me where the ship might be, so I kept walking looking for it. It happened that those ships were hotels. People book them and they looked like full of entertaining machines, like in Las Vegas. They were really expensive. I walked among them looking for that one and I was so surprised to see how much luxury they had and how much money this people invested in those hotels. Some where more extravagant than other and many families could afford to boo them. I kept walking towards the end of this area where the mountain could be and started to forget the name of that ship. I ended up talking to some Indian guys who were staying at one of them, their bed was outside and then I related with another woman my age who seemed to be working in the the ship next to it and I tried to climb it while I was coordinating something with her... and it's all I remember now. I would like to know the meaning of this dream Tony, thank you so much again. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Huge ships
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:32:52 AM »
Patricia - Obviously work is the theme. But work is a huge subject. Everything in the universe works. Everything exists because of a relationship with other things, with the whole. Our interdependence is complete. Without the universe we do not exist. One of the greatest truths of the universe and of human society is symbiosis, cooperation, collaboration. I know there are arguments against that – the red in tooth and claw, survival of the fittest stuff – but the great predators are in a symbiotic relationship in that they kill out the weak and so strengthen the species.

Our dreams and visions, our experience of expanded awareness, remind us of these things again and again. We have an experience of personal existence because our body works. Its organs and functions continue working tirelessly day and night. As a living creature it is innate in us to be a functioning part of the whole, of the environment around us, of the cosmos that gives us life.

As human beings many of us are out of touch with what relates us to our environment and to the universe. Millions of us are sick enough to require antidepressants, continuous supplies of alcohol or mind numbing drugs in order to function. We live in family, social, political and economic situations that are part and parcel of our sickness. Recently I listened to a humanistic minister talking about the way she works with people. She said that in ministering she can find no need to have God in her life or in her work. That is understandable if we are talking about a concept, or the idea of some sort of father figure behind the way the universe works. But if it means that one lives without a sense of connection with the whole, without any awareness of how one’s own life is a part of a continuum, of the incredible mystery of existence, then it seems to me as if this is part of the sickness. Sorry - I’ll get off my soapbox now.  :)

Your dream is full of intimations of things such as the inner journey, the mountain path, the search for self. And the huge ships are particularly part of the story. So the dream suggests your work takes you into relationship with many people and a very rich or luxurious environment. Such riches could be seen as riches of your inner self, but the images do not suggest that.

Overall the dream is saying that a huge change is brewing. One that will take some time and work to get to. But it is about starting the great voyage of your life. As usual, it takes time for such things to materialise. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-night-journey-the-search-for-self/

Tony

Patricia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:58:15 PM »
Hi Tony. Excuse me, when you affirm: "Such riches could be seen as riches of your inner self, but the images do not suggest that" means that this riches does not necessarily come from my inner self? If that is correct, then, not everything in a dream is an inner projection..? Can some elements come from... the universe.. or something else besides or beyond the dreamer's inner world? Thanks.   

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 11:12:08 AM »
Patricia - Sometimes we predict things things from insights or inner self has. It sees possibilities of your future life. As it is difficult to put it into words I said what you quoted. Inner and outer are very misunderstood terms, so please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/quantum-physics/

Here is a dream showing this.

My beautiful friend looks into the crystal. It is not a thing made of glass, but a great dimension of mind which appears to open in the room, hanging in the centre of it, about eight feet across. She tells me I am already touching something that is beginning to happen in the world. My life will become involved in it. I will play my part - by no means a key or leader, but one which I will gain great satisfaction and love from. 

This was predicted to the man in 1991, and it took years before it was an obvious truth.

Tony