Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: navel  (Read 4846 times)

Mikey22

• View Profile
navel
« on: October 27, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »
Dreamt that I had a steel rod, and was shoving it into my navel.  I retracted it, and it had a bunch of black goo all over it.  Then a voice said, "you don't need to see all that yet".
I did not feel disturbed at the time of the dream, but I do now!!

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: navel
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:30:05 PM »
Mikey - It is my experience that there is something like "a natural order" when it comes down to dealing with the unconscious, repressed content in our mind.

In the past I used "to poke" too and end up with looking at "all that" stuff without having a clue where to fit in those pieces.
I then learned to trust that I do not have to poke, for whatever repressed content is still there, it will surface anyway.

And so I see the voice as telling you that "the black goo" will surface in your every day life or in your dream life in a more natural way, and then you will be ready and asked to look at it.

Anna

Evens

• View Profile
Re: navel
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »
The navel is where the umbilical chord was attached.  It felt natural at the time?  Maybe you don't need to confront this yet, but keep it in mind for later.  Black goo signifies some dark stuff going on there.  Do you think it could be about your relationship with your mother?  "You don't need to know about this yet".  It could be some major trauma that you aren't aware of yet.  Sometimes digging up buried trauma does more harm than good.