Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Christ, zombies  (Read 6434 times)

Mikey22

• View Profile
Christ, zombies
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:36:37 AM »
Hello Tony, Anna,
Thank you both for your help.  I think whatever is going on in me is starting to come to a head and its freaking me out a bit.
Last night I dreamt that my wife and I were trying to sell a house.  It was not one we own or have ever owned.  There were rumors that it was haunted, and as such it was difficult to sell.  After having no luck selling it for some time, I went out to explore the backyard.  I found a small graveyard, with an open casket and clear evidence someone or something had escaped.  At that moment I seem to have separated from myself.  It was as if the man standing in the graveyard was no longer me.  I had a bird's eye view of the situation, and could see there was a zombie approaching the man from behind.  Behind the zombie, there was a statue of Jesus on the Cross, looking downward.  I started to call for his help, and the eyes of the statue looked up slightly to see the situation.  I then felt several violent jolts in my lower mid section-it was weird.  Hard to describe, it was kind of like I was in the dream and lying in bed at the same time (which of course I was!).  Then the violent jolts stopped and I woke with a large amount of fear.  The image of the statue is burned into my memory this morning.

After going back to sleep, I had another dream.  There were men in my house operating new motorized equipment of mine.  I didn't know they were going to be using it so I stopped them because I didn't know if there was any oil in it.  Upon checking for oil, there was.  I then went down the hall to talk with my wife about  a dream I had (still dreaming).  As we were talking we were interrupted by our children, so I went outside to urinate.  There was a tile floor being installed outside, and I was thinking that the guys working on the floor needed to hurry to finish before winter came.  Then I urinated-my urine was a dark brown color.  I said to myself, "I guess its time to go to the hospital".  After waking from this dream I was having angst about my physical health but I'm not sure if that's what the dream was referring to or not.

Thanks a bunch guys...

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Christ, zombies
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:49:09 PM »
Mikey - You are welcome  :)
I am glad I was able to give you a hand. It helped me look at some parts in myself for a purpose I do not understand yet.
I am aware that Tony looks at dreams from a point where he has dealt with it all already and still I like to give it a go with your first dream.

I see you and the aspects of your inner female trying to dissociate from parts of your self, parts which you have not integrated yet.
The dream shows that you rather get rid of parts of yourself – selling your house - than integrate them by working your way through what you have buried in the backyard.
Although you believe that burying it is enough to get rid of those unwanted parts in you, you are also aware that it keeps haunting you.

I see haunting as a symbol for the autonomous complex which can haunt us when we do not learn to manage it:

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/autonomous-complex/

Apart from the infant there are many beings we touch in our dreams. Everything from the deeply animal such as the dog in our dreams, or the wolf, to the sadist, the lover, the monk and the business tycoon. If we do not meet these characters and manage them in our life, they will certainly manage us, and lead us into relationship tangles, emotional responses and actions that are not what we ourselves choose to be or feel. See: examples under compensation; sub-personalities; Integrating a Parent or an ex; Unconscious; Alien

I found a small graveyard, with an open casket and clear evidence someone or something had escaped.  At that moment I seem to have separated from myself. It was as if the man standing in the graveyard was no longer me.

I see this part in the dream as a symbol for the autonomous complex in full action. The moment your autonomous complex takes over AND you are aware of it - which I see as a wonderful step you took - you were able to become an observer – you had a bird’s eye view of the situation, which is like rising above it and not identifying with  any part of your self - repressed or not repressed - because in Reality you are awareness only.

The zombie:

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/zombie-zombies/

Zombie
This is about something you sense in yourself or others that is moved by other than human and conscious motives. It is like being asleep and sleep walking, there is no sense of any response there. Or at least they are moved by urges that control them and they are not controlled by. This is something like we meet when we see people moved by habits, by propaganda, by religious bigotry or political brain-washing.
In a sense we are all zombies, or have a part of us that is a zombie. It is because we are all programmed and what we do is not from our real selves. If you find it difficult to believe read Programmed and childhood.

I wonder what you associate with Jesus on the cross and what you felt when “Jesus looked up slightly to see the situation”. I saw that you wrote Christ in the dream subject and perhaps  it is useful to ask yourself if you see Jesus on the cross – which symbol was part of your dream -  and Christ as expressing the same meaning for you?

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/jesus/

I trust it will be helpful to look and to question this part of the dream, for I trust it will help you to understand where those violent jolts arose from, especially because you wrote that the image of the statue is burned into your memory.

I see fear merely as a form of resistance. I trust it is about being on the razor’s edge with that too. Sometimes we push through the resistance a bit and so through the fear and sometimes we wait for the fear to dissolve.

I do not feel confident – I have no experience with integrating the anima  ;)  - to look at the second part of your dream, so I will leave that part to Tony.
Since I am very much a work in progress myself, I trust that Tony will help both of us by looking at your first dream too, to help me see where I was blind still.

Anna

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:34:04 PM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 09:57:19 AM »
Mikey - The haunted house is about you, and the haunting is parts of your life experience that has not been dealt with or integrated in a way to bring you peace.

There is a part of you that you cannot sell, simply because you are not at ease about it. So you go in search of it in the area where you felt it was all dead and buried. But of course you are dreaming, and so are operating in your inner world where nothing dies. Then you separated and operated from a very different part of you - the bird’s eye view - which enables you to see things you were previously blind to.

You see a zombie and the statue of Christ which is also not simply stone because it looks up. These, like every dream images, are what you have collected from waking life and are symbols beneath which are enormous emotions or power. The zombie we have seen in films and the statue of Christ we have met from childhood. The zombie is seen as something we could be possessed by, the statue we have seen as a lifeless and often powerless. But they are both representation of forces within us - within you. The forces of something that if we are not aware of it can possess us - automatic actions that move us and in themselves are dead and are not filled with Life. In a sense we are all zombies, or have a part of us that is a zombie. It is because we are all programmed and are not ourselves. If you find it difficult to believe read http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program

The Christ is an influence of the direct opposite, and I would describe it as something you thought had little influence but has now awoken. Many people talk about Christ but few have met it as a living influence. If you can imagine everything you have ever experienced, every power that has kept your heart beating, everything that you have inherited from your ancestors and from your culture all merged into a mighty awareness, that is the influence of the Christ. It is a step beyond birds eye view and is the power in you that synthesises all experience. So it doesn’t speak as your conscious personality but from your highest level of awareness, and you awoke it. A wonderful achievement.

The jolts of power you experienced were from that source, they were clearing the zombie influence. You felt fear because it was new territory. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Reaction

Also if you can it would be good to become more acquainted with the power you felt from the image of the Christ. Try being the Christ statue by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

The second dream you took charge of the automated process, the effects of which will gradually become known.

You then interacted with your family, a truly human thing and an expression of influences from times you cannot remember - a holy influence. This led you to urinate. The dark colour was not a sign of physical ill health but a getting rid of psychological influences within you. Again, to be clear, BE the urine in your dream.

Tony

Mikey22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »
Thank you guys, this all helps tremendously.  I think I am always trying to look for a direction in my waking life that my dreams are trying to send me, when most of the time it is just a glimpse of my inner world.  More being, less doing is probably what I need!