Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My mind won't let it go  (Read 4330 times)

binli

• View Profile
My mind won't let it go
« on: December 22, 2014, 08:40:37 AM »
Hi! This dream i had the other night keeps popping up in my head so i thought i would try to understand it... I researched a little but the information was very confusing.
I was was on a bridge, it was daylight but no sun, perhaps a little misty, and gigantic alligators came in a threatening way, jumping up but didn't harm me. I wasn't terrifyed but felt aware of the threat.
Then i was standing on a road, watching the same dark lake, and a dead girl walked out from the water (possibly me). I wasn't scared,  more concerned and wondering what she would do. I started walking away, then stopped and turned around to see if she was following me. She seemed to be in her own world, walking in another direction.
Does this make any sense to you?
Peace
Sabina

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My mind won't let it go
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 08:38:40 AM »
Sabina - The bridge indicates the change from one condition to another. You were aware of the threat so your awareness made you safe. Not that you could have been hurt. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing

The daylight suggests you were aware of what you were doing, but were still learning - suggested by the mist. What you were meeting and learning about was that you were on the edge of your conscious self and the unconscious - where you dreams arise from - the dark lake. You were not afraid of this which seems to suggest that your background or culture includes some experience of myths or religion.

The girl is a part of you that in the dream is new to you and has emerged from unconsciousness into your awareness. It is a part of you that is lost in its own inner world of feelings and fantasy. If you watch for this aspect of yourself it will become clearer. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/autonomous-complex/

She has a will of her own so goes in a different direction to you.

Tony

binli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »
Thank you so much for your answer, it really helps me! It makes sense now and is important for me to understand since i work as a musician, therefore having to deal with all parts of me to be able to develop.
I also came to the conclusion after reading this is that my work has been too much this term and not in the creative way i thrive for.
Thank you and merry Christmas!
Sabina

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
Binli - Thanks for your feedback.

And hey, a bit I was missing that makes such a difference - you are a musician!!

I said you must have been exposed to myths or religion to move easily and without fear in your inner dream world. I forgot the arts.  ::)

So it set me wondering what you would get from entering the black lake - which is a great fount of creativity.  Try http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony