Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Old love  (Read 4647 times)

miemoo

• View Profile
Old love
« on: December 31, 2014, 11:44:47 PM »
I have an old love appearing in my dreams almost every night. I am partnered with children but I recently have been in contact with this person after a 13 year absence. We live in different countries.
*Dream-My home was in a small village where the houses were connected by water. People travelled between houses freely in small canoes and there was a warm, community feeling to the village. 'Old Love' just appeared and I knew he had come from a long way away. I felt a deep happiness and contentment wash over me just to feel his presence. He was silent and very steadfast and confident in his presence in my world, just having him there was a huge comfort to my soul. I felt a lot of things relax inside me. I felt safe and seen when he looked at me. We attended a family dinner and some members of my extended family questioned Old Love's presence, they were asking me who he was and why he was there. I felt very strongly and spoke up assertively about how right it was that he was in my world, after that there was a feeling of all encompassing love and acceptance coming from everyone for him and he looked very much at home, as if he knew everyone. We wanted to be alone and go for an explore so me and Old Love jumped into a canoe. I paddled. It was very peaceful, we didn't talk but there was a feeling of complete and utter understanding, we just looked at each other and smiled. We arrived at a small rocky mountain and we played on it for a while jumping around the rocks and having fun. We hopped back in the canoe and paddled some more. The water was very calm and still but I'm not sure how deep, I don't think it was neither very shallow nor very deep. Some sort of sea creature kept swimming up to us, about 4 or 5 of them. In my dream I couldn't identify the animals to myself, I was perplexed by them but not scared. It had fur and a friendly face and if I had to relate it to something in the real world I would say a beaver. Then we came to a bank and there were friendly looking stingrays lying on their backs eating some sort of other sea creature that was being thrown directly into their mouths by some people, I was perplexed by this in the dream because the creatures they were eating resembled sharks and seemed bigger than the stingrays mouths but they gobbled them down easily. The stingrays seemed like very peaceful, happy creatures to me, they seemed comfortable with our presence. We kept paddling and then I noticed that my end of the canoe was slowly submerging in the water and my bum was getting wet. The canoe was made of a woven cane material, when I looked at it I wondered how water hadn't entered up until now. I didn't feel in danger as we could easily make it safely to a shore line and I could keep us afloat by thrusting my body upwards and paddling harder. Old Love was across from me still smiling, he didn't seem worried. In the dream it seemed so normal that I was the only one paddling and he was just watching me.
-When I woke up from this dream I felt very sad and I cried a lot. I felt a deep sense of yearning for that 'knowing' look of love that you share with a person. It says 'I get you' and the feeling of 'getting' another person and being 'gotten' gives both such a sense of wellbeing and desire. In waking life it made me question whether I should be in contact with this person or not, I love talking to him but I feel that it is disruptive to my life. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Old love
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:54:43 AM »
Miemoo - Wow, an interesting and deeply meaningful dream.

Excuse me for telling you things that you probably know. But just in case, we often forget that the dream/inner world works very differently to our waking world experiences. In this inner world everything represents something other than the outer thing or person. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

The village seems to me to express the inner home and community you hold within you. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/

The ‘Old Love’ appears to be the inner male who is such an important support, and as you can see when you do not mix him up with the out ‘Old Love’ he comes from a long way away and contentment and happiness wash over you.

But of course you carry so much of the outer old love in you too that you have inwardly digested and absorbed. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with someone and they are what makes you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event.

Sorry, but I need to ask you to look at more links - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/ This inner male seems to have developed well in you and even the parts of you that are at first are questioning are moved into agreement.

The last part of your dream is, in a way, more interesting, because it shows you on the verge of discovering a new level of experiences in your inner world. It happened because you wanted to go for an explore. First of all you played and enjoyed the level that you had already been to many times, but then the unknown mammals arrived. These are obviously parts of you that can swim/exist on the surface of your awareness, but also can swim and know the deeps that you cannot yet see with your waking awareness. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

The stingrays seem to be another creature that can live in the deeps of the unconscious and I am guessing that the sharks thrown to them are fears that are digested and cleared. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/

But your canoe is slowly going down into the unconscious too - it is designed to. It is part of your desire to explore. You inner male isn’t worried by this, but you escape from going into the unknown. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Important and the section after it - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Reaction

I realise I have given an enormous amount of reading - but bear with me.

Tony  :)

miemoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:02:38 AM »
Tony, I am so happy and grateful that you have replied! I felt that this was an important dream for me and I've craved guidance so thank you for guiding me away from literal interpretations and go deeper with this. Love, love, love that you have awoken my awareness to my inner male. Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 08:08:52 AM »
Miemoo - Thank you for so many loving thoughts, 8)

Looking forward to further dreams.

Tony