Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about being given many free pairs of jeans ?!  (Read 6015 times)

SaraBee

• View Profile
Dream about being given many free pairs of jeans ?!
« on: July 01, 2011, 01:24:44 AM »
Hi Tony,

This a fantastic forum ... so great that there is an opportunity to post dreams - hope you can shed some light on this one.

I'm not sure if I live or are temporarily staying at this house in the countryside... it has three or four separate dwellings on it, with one being very large almost akin to a mansion with many rooms and an old castle feel to the decor inside (tall ceilings, maroon rugs down the hallways, cornicing and much other detail).  But the dream skips from being in one of the smaller houses in the kitchen or living room with a family member (possibly male) to being in the large house where there is a party or gathering - almost like a university frat party (I am at uni, but had to postpone this yr due to a death).  I feel a bit out of place in the large house (lots of people I don't know), but like I belong there at the same time (because I want to get to know more people).  I walk into one of the large 'drawing' rooms which has around 5 or 6 doors to other rooms - some of which I recall going into at different points in the dream - but in the drawing room there is a girl/young woman giving out free pairs of jeans.  She gives me about 4 or 5 pairs, different colours but similar styles, and tells me to try them on.  I don't remember going to try them on but know that they will fit anyway.

Its the jeans part that I woke up feeling quite curious about as there seemed to be so many, and not many other people taking interest in them even though they were piled up on a table.

In my waking life :) I'm currently struggling to fall asleep at night as my mother passed away a few weeks ago after a very short battle with illness and my aunt (her sister) has caused problems making her death all about herself.  I'm sleeping very heavily and waking up exhausted in the morning.  I'm also feeling like I'm not ready to go back to my uni studies despite wishing my mother would pass so the pain we were all feeling woul go quickly.  Clearly there is much going on my mind!!!

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about being given many free pairs of jeans ?!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
SaraBee – The first important statement here is that you are staying in an old castle type place. Also there are people you feel you don’t know and yet you belong there.

This describes the fact that your body – the house – has a long, long history. If in your mind you trace yourself back to the beginning of you, you probably think of conception. But that wasn’t the beginning of this body. It is traceable back to the primordial slime of the first single celled creatures. Those cells are from an unbroken line of generation. And even that is not really the beginning.

So I feel the dream is describing what I call the past places of your dwelling – your past dwelling places – with lots of rooms. The reason you can’t remember is that this body has developed a local recent memory. The long memory is in your Core self, which is only usually available when you dig deep enough into your self. And I feel the recent death and trouble has produced this dream where you begin to touch the memory of your Core self.

Why this is happening is because it is showing you that you are much bigger, with far more to you than you presently realise. To become bigger is to rise above present difficulties because of a wider and more mature awareness. But that will take attention and work.

The jeans are usually about mixture of rough and ready clothing – attitudes – that can also be stylish and modern. They are choices you can make, directions you could take, abilities you have that are latent.

Of course people do not take any notice, nearly everyone is hypnotised by the need to be outwardly successful, and to follow the crowd, forgetting their own amazing past and all the gifts it holds.

If you would like to explore something of that promise, see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-in-your-dream/

And thanks for telling me the dream in so much detail, with your present life situation.

Tony

SaraBee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
Thanks for your interpretation Tony.  I think I need to let some of it sink in a bit.

I certainly feel like the more recent past has been very challenging, yet illuminating, in who I am and who I want to be. Trying to sense out the familiar in the unfamiliar and find what feels 'homely'.  I also feel like I've been making 'mature' decisions in how to behave and what to say to certain people close to me.  And these 'mature' decisions feel right because they are kind behaviours, rather than being 'right' or ego based.  Whilst I might not always have said how I truly feel (perhaps becos I couldn't word it in a non-harsh manner) I do feel that I've communicated something meaningful and not worried about trying to change or fix others.

Having now lost my mother at the age of 30, I feel this strange sense of feeling like my world has been turned on its head, but also like I'm suddenly free and can be what I want to (not that she ever discouraged me to be myself, in fact to the contrary).  Its like a shackle has come off and I want to fly... just not sure where to yet :)

Thank you again and blessed be xo

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
I hope you get into BEING the old house and finding some of the wonders inside you.

And maybe trying on different jeans? But it sounds as if you are well on your way and are discovering a lot.

Tony