Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: saber-toothed cat  (Read 4730 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
saber-toothed cat
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:55:37 AM »
Hi Tony, I hope you are having a dreamy new year! :) I'm a bit stuck on this one and I would love to hear your insights...

There was a boy working at a farm and somehow I knew that he was well known because he had won a big photography contest in the area where he lived. He was working on the farm and learning from an old farmer and they were taking care of the cattle in a pen. I just seemed to be observing the scene and then the dream shifted and suddenly I saw that there was a huge, black saber-toothed cat in the pen with the cows. It was a prehistoric cat only pure black – very big and powerful and the same size as the cows. It didn’t hurt the cows and was just walking among them. Then I was there on the grass in the farmyard and the cat was suddenly over the fence and free. My older sister was there and a few other people and we all scattered and the cat was starting to wander, deciding where it would go. It started to go in one direction away from me, but then I knew it could sense me watching it somehow (possibly sense my fear of it) and it turned and started walking toward me and there was no way to escape. I was afraid but unsure of what it was going to do and then I heard knocking on the ceiling and awoke, which was really my brother knocking on my bedroom door. In the dream for some reason I had the clear impression the knocking was coming from the ceiling.   ~DT

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: saber-toothed cat
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 09:22:41 AM »
Dreamtime - I get the impression that you are both the young boy and the old farmer. They represent a part of you that is young or immature in the life skill of dealing with your basic animal nature and the part that in some way has wisdom in dealing with it. Perhaps the wisdom was gained by being with animals/cattle or from men who worked with animals. I am not sure, it could be wisdom gained from your unconscious, but you could find out by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

The photography is a skill in recognising aspects of life or experience that are worth recording. This is what led you to the rest of the dream being with the cattle in the pen - you must have recently been thinking about or seen aspects of life that are now impressing you.

The prehistoric cat is something in yourself that is probably just becoming conscious by watching your dreams. They are the levels of your brain and body that developed in ages past. Your own primeval urges and drives, such as fear, territorial aggression, mating rituals, and survival urges that have not been integrated fully into our present social situation, perhaps because they were repressed during childhood or because you were not strong enough to meet them. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

It wasn’t at all aggressive yet you were frightened probably because all the images you have seen of such a magnificent animal have been about something that is dangerous. But that is only in the waking world and you are meeting your dream creature. It is your own enormous power that can be felt as fear, fear of death, but if you handle it well can be transformed into immense emotional and creative energy. It is the primeval source of your own inner animal - for you are an animal and a mammal. The primeval urge to survive which was basic and primitive but is now opening for you to lead it into the human level. I urge you to deal with it because it can change your life for the better.

Go to it, be it, and explain to it that you need its wonderful energy that can become creativity. It takes time but you can do it otherwise you would not have dream this wonderful dream.

Tony
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:01:51 AM by Tony Crisp »