Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nightdress Dream  (Read 4670 times)

Rutherford

• View Profile
Nightdress Dream
« on: January 11, 2015, 09:01:57 AM »
Hello, I would very much appreciate hearing views of a dream I had last night.   I was in a bathroom and the toilet was filled with clean but cloudy blue water which was overflowing.   I pressed the flush button which was jammed, but the water continued to flow.   I felt a sense of panic but made myself stay calm.   After about three attempts pressing the button, the water stopped overflowing.   Then I was in a bedroom sitting on a double bed putting on a white nightgown.   It was very similar to a long white cotton nightgown my mother gave me about twenty years ago.   When I had put on the nightgown, both my mother and father were in the room.   My mother was sitting on the left and my father on the right.   I realized that this nightgown was almost identical to my previous one, except that it had a colourful picture on the front.   I remarked on this to my parents and my father told me that the picture on my nightgown was that of a graveyard.

Both of my parents are still alive and well.   I was a little perturbed by the dream.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Nightdress Dream
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 08:58:33 AM »
Rutherford - The cloudy blue water - I have to go with past experience with this - suggests that not everything from the toilet is filthy. Sometimes the blue - something transcending ones own small life - comes from the most unexpected sources.

A quote from a poem -
“And as I stood
Letting my water cascade
Into the eager bowl,
A flood of green blue light
Flowed upwards to me
From the pool’s depths,
Washing over me like
Music, like liquid light,
Engulfing and penetrating me.
It touched me as softly
As a mist, healing me.
That so much tender beauty
Should shine from a place
So long thought unclean,
Was all the more wondrous
And felt.”

Your dream also has much of what you received from your mother and father in it. The white nightgown, obviously memories from the past because=se your parents then appear in the room with you, suggesting a present impression.

The purity of the nightgown which is again a reminder of transcending ones own small life, is then leading you to the picture of a graveyard, a message from your father.

Your parents represent all the thousands of memories and lessons you have within you from them. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-conjuring-trick/  You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with someone and they are what makes you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event.

The picture if the graveyard is just that - a picture - perhaps a reminder of death that your parents will face eventually and they wished to slowly ready you for it.

So in the unusual state of awareness you were reminded of death - a picture kept near to your heart.

Tony

Rutherford

• View Profile
Re: Nightdress Dream
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 08:13:55 AM »
Thank you Tony, that was very helpful.   I am enjoying reading the material on your website and the interpretations of different dreams.   It gives an important insight into how we truly feel.   It is very good of you to provide this type of help to so many people.   Kind regards, Rutherford