Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Conceived in Sicily  (Read 5635 times)

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
Conceived in Sicily
« on: January 17, 2015, 11:11:49 AM »
I am with  a group of people and we are on some kind of trip or vacation . The atmosphere is  relaxed and the landscape beautiful with a view on the sea.
I am told by someone that "by the way  your parents spent time together and conceived you during  a vacation or a holiday in Sicily."
As I woke up I was surprised , although it 's true that I  am half Italian on my mothers side ; and that I was brought up by my Italian grandparents (they were from the North of Italy, from a rural area near Milan.)
  I don't quite understand this dream.
Jacquie
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:16:36 AM by Tony Crisp »

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
Re: Conceived in Sicily
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 09:32:44 AM »
Hi All!

I 've been trying to reflect on this dream and that's what comes up:
It is to do with my roots and cultural experience  as well the association with Sicily.
Having being brought up by Italian grandparents, the way I have learned the world is very much  connected  with  values they have transmitted tome. In that mental environment there was the ability of enjoying joyful living without worrying too much; but there were as well strong religious  influence, as well as being an Italian woman. Sicily is where  the dream takes place; with a more South Arabic influence and  the presence  of the Mafia. I do feel the dream is putting a light on a more dark side, perhaps I tend to accept what my inner mind is now questioning. Sicily yes but not with feeling oppressed,  and having a Mafia stripe inside myself, so what is oppressing me?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:22:36 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:33:47 AM »
Jacquie - The start of the dream and the mention of a holiday where you were conceived are all positive, even beautiful. And Sicily, apart from it association with the Mafia, is a lovely country.

I cannot see where the oppression comes from, as there was no hint of it in your dream. So what is oppressing you?

Tony

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:39:15 AM »
Yes it is true Tony that  the overall feeling about the dream is a feeling of harmony an pleasure connected with living in Sicily.
The mafia is perhaps that I feel immoral in some way , or corrupted in some way  . It could be my religious and traditional background which put  a judgement on my behaviour. From my inner cultural values emerge  the feeling that I am immoral and that oppresses me. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »
Jacquie - I see. The oppression comes from within.

Having an Italian background I have a long family history of Roman Catholicism. I never quite connected with the church by joining it, but I did feel and see so much of its mystery hidden in its symbols. About 1959 I found a little chapel run by nuns and got up early and went there and used the rosary often. I realised that it was a spiritual exercise that if done with an open mind put me in touch with vast inner meaning. Having realised it I moved on into different faiths until I felt I had awoken the mother church - the fount of all religions. Not that I belong to any of them, but when entering the church, especially if it is Roman Catholic where there are people in meditation and prayer at all times of the day, I feel wonder rise up in me as I face the Great Mystery.

So maybe do not hide from it but let it grow and flower into more than it was. In that way I feel the physical changes that occur inside us when we have been so long influenced by a particular faith can be transformed.

Tony