Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deceased Father  (Read 4296 times)

Jynxus

• View Profile
Deceased Father
« on: January 23, 2015, 04:25:10 AM »
Frequently, I dream that my estranged father is in a coffin in my basement. I am always afraid that I will be too loud and he will wake up. As a child I was afraid of my father and he is deceased, but when he dies he was old, and in a wheel chair.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Deceased Father
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »
Jvnxus - Your dreamed of father is all the memories, feelings and things learnt - negative and positive - in relationship with him. Memories can’t be got rid of but can be changed.

The basement is a part of you that represents what you are barely aware of in everyday life. But it is still in you and your dreams show you that if you life a full life - make a noise - it will bring back the awful memories.

But it is not wise to hide from your feelings because they will stay buried - in the coffin - if you do. It is best to wake him face to face in your imagination and really express what you feel - and of course let him also express. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

It can be useful to use the two chair method. These conversations can be done easily by the use of the "two chair" or "empty chair" technique. Sitting in one chair, the dreamer takes on the characteristics of you in the dream and addresses any remarks to a nearby empty chair, as if part your father in the dream were sitting there. To respond, the dreamer moves to the other chair, takes on the characteristics of part father and answers you as if you were sitting in the original chair. By repeatedly shifting chairs, the distinctions between the dream parts become sharply emphasised; the dreamer may exhibit quite different postures and vocal tones when sitting in one chair, as opposed to the other. 

Tony

Irina

Re: Deceased Father
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »
Hello Jvnxus

Father Dad
General positive: Your father is often the authority figure in your early life, and may represent this influence or power in you as an adult.  Your dream father is a link with the patterns of survival behaviour past on for generations. It was the attitudes of how to cope with social activity or work – the external world.

He therefore also depicts the ability to be productive in the external workaday world. Depending upon what level of relationship you have developed with him, your dream father is the power of creative life in you, the power to do, to create, to transform; the power in you to grow and unfold your potential. It has to be remembered that the dream father is not an image of your external father, but of what you carry of him inside you; what you have managed to develop of a working relationship with the power he represents. So you may, because of difficulties with your external father, be in conflict with your internal father, and so be lacking your full power to transform and create. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/father-dad/

"....I am always afraid that I will be too loud and he will wake up. As a child I was afraid of my father ...." I think that is time for you to stop to  be afraid and wake up in you all quality that is above: the power of creative life in you, the power to do, to create, to transform; the power in you to grow and unfold your potential.