Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pastry shop  (Read 7571 times)

Rand

• View Profile
Pastry shop
« on: January 24, 2015, 11:37:45 PM »
I had a strange dream. I was in a pastry shop. I was standing in an informal line to get a coffee drink. There was another person who was also waiting but it was obvious he would cut in front of me. The lady behind the counter gave the man a glaring look and said that I was next in line and not him. He immediately backed off. Then for some strange reason I showed the fellow all my teeth and said, Yes, I am next! Then I immediately apologized to him and said I was just frustrated and didn't mean to be rude. Once inside the pastry shop, I took a seat. It was a busy place. I could see various forms of cake and bread but I thought to myself I didn't want any of it. Down the aisle there was a large parade with people in colorful uniforms and all sorts of pastries. They were so proud they were displaying them and having a parade through the middle of the restaurant. I thought quietly to myself, this is the famous "Parade of the Pastries", as if somewhere in my life I had heard of this famous event. Right then, a fellow approached me and he was very accomodating and apologetic. I sensed he was related to the man I met in the coffee line. He asked, would you like to try our food? He was paying for it as a complement. A waiter brought me a large plate that looked like fried fish and chips. I thought, this was more to my liking. That was it, the dream.

I am going through severe stress in my life right now though because my wife has anxiety and it has been difficult for everyone. She is seeing a doctor but I have had her to ER 3 times and she spent 15 days in a hospital.

Irina

Re: Pastry shop
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 03:46:22 AM »

Hello Rand,

Coffee may imply a need for you to change your routine.

Bakery To see a bakery in your dream signifies richness and success. Your future will be an enjoyable, pleasant and filled with satisfaction.   

Cake
To see a cake in your dream indicates that you need to learn to share and allocate your workload instead of trying to do everything yourself.  Cakes also symbolize feeling of not getting your fair share.

Bread   
Fundamental nourishment; our basic emotional and biological needs, but also as in ‘give us this day our daily bread’ it also means our daily needs for survival(http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/bread/)
Teeth can depict words we say or swallow – perhaps things we wish had not come out of our mouth. (http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/teeth/)

" ....I took a seat. It was a busy place. I could see various forms of cake and bread but I thought to myself I didn't want any of it"

So you prefer took a seat  and don't take any action   then to have "cake and bread."

Parade symbolizes cycles, passage of time, or a special event in your life. Consider also the symbolism of whatever figures  are in the parade. They may reflect a need for you to incorporate these attributes into your own character. ......In your case you need incorporate "cake and bread"

..."fellow approached me and he was very accomodating and apologetic. I sensed he was related to the man I met in the coffee line" You didn't like his behavior but anyway you accept and like the food he give to you .

Fish And ChipsTo dream of fish and chips represents a wish to feel good noticing an issue being over and unimportant.

So you know what do you wish for , and the action you need to take , but somehow you don't like take any action for that .

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:15:16 AM »
Rand - I only want to add one thing to what Irina said - see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/active-passive/

I say this because you swing between passive and active.

Tony

Rand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 01:00:46 AM »
Thank you for your responses. It was very kind and considerate. I appreciate it. I read the article on active/passive and will keep that in mind.

So you know what do you wish for , and the action you need to take , but somehow you don't like take any action for that .

When you stated it that way, it instantly made sense to me. My routine has become mundane and much of it is my own fault or choices. There are some really basic things I could do to make things better. Those could include real basics like exercise, eating right, and sleep. My procrastination or delay causes emotions mostly aimed at myself but like you said can manifest by saying something rude I shouldn't say.

In a sense, I guess it means there is plenty of opportunity and happiness available to me still, but because of my poor choices or routine I don't allow myself to have it or depressed myself. Maybe a pity party for myself.

Well, that was a first impression. I will still have to think it over some more but thanks for giving me a little guidance. I'm sure I may find more after I think about it a while.

Rand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 01:03:38 AM »
Oh, I forgot to mention, the people in the parade were in colorful costumes and happy. It was a real celebration and I remember feeling a little resentment like what are you guys so happy about.

Irina

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 01:32:21 AM »
You are always welcome.
It' s important  to remember there is always plenty of opportunity and happiness available for all of us and Life is Beautiful. :)

Irina

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »

anna   , I don't understand what you're saying