Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A dream about Holy Virgin and child  (Read 10197 times)

Irina

A dream about Holy Virgin and child
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:23:05 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:59:12 PM by Irina »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A dream about Holy Virgin and child
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:41:12 AM »
Irina - A lovely dream with deep meanings.

The Virgin and child were at the very top of the church because motherhood and children are the holiest things. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/holy/

The statue becomes a living thing because inside you, probably deep inside you, is the realisation of what this means in your own life. It means that as a woman - every woman - is Life’s finest creation, for women are the great mother, and any children they produce are holy. That is why the Holy Mother is on top of the church. The church doesn’t advertise this, but it is not about a special mother and her child born 2000 years ago, but about the holiness of motherhood and how special each child is.

The snow represent the pureness that covers all that lies beneath it.

Tony

Irina

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 01:33:40 AM »
Mr Crisp ,
It's all about her?
Archetype of the Great Mother http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-great-mother/

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 10:10:12 AM »
Irina - Yes I agree. But I try to make it personal to her the dreamer - the Great Mother is something we carry inside us but seldom recognise, and often we project it outside of us.

But thanks for what you are doing on the Forum. And it is Tony - please not Mr Crisp.  :)

Tony

Irina

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 12:40:49 AM »
Thank you Tony:)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:42:54 AM »
Irina - I realise so much from communication. For instance I said to you that the “Great Mother is something we carry inside us but seldom recognise”.

Obviously I am still learning so much, because I realised that the sentence may lead to people misunderstanding what is meant by ‘inside us’. I saw that I had never actually thought about it or defined it. (Sorry for the length of what follows - it is me trying to work out something and was not aimed at you)  :)

So in an attempt to define ‘inside us’ in the context of what was said I quote something in ‘What we need to remember’ - But we have to remember that having a personality with self awareness is a very new thing and has only existed for a short time. Before that we were like animals that lived only in the Life Will – what we usually call instincts. So the development of self awareness was an immense step, and left us very vulnerable, and still does.

The vulnerability is that we are left with only a tiny part of our awareness. Of course we have gained a great deal with the wonderful languages, but we are all - mostly - unaware of the huge information base gathered over millions of years that we call instincts. Seeing my cat, barely a year old give birth to five kits, I was amazed at her knowledge. Without any hesitation she bit through the bag in which each kitten arrived in, gave it some loving licks, ate the afterbirth, and the same for all the others. Then the cat with no education about being a mother never left the kittens for days, allowing them to feed. Also, thinking there would soon be lots of little messes I was astonished to see Mother took care of everything - no mess anywhere.

It is that vast knowledge that we have that is unconscious in us that I refer to. It is still there but we have such a tiny amount of awareness we cannot remember it, can’t remember being born, or before that being in the eternal awareness and connections. That is what I mean by we have it within us. It is the difference between being a human personality and entering the unconscious with some awareness.

People will say that it is impossible to remember such things, but I and thousands of others have done so. Read Grof’s Realms of the Human Unconscious where case after case is described from clinical experience. I am not a great seer or great anything, but I was born a vulnerable premature baby scared of dying, and it seemed to help me to learn to develop the virgin mind, and so I have remembered just a tiny amount of the wonder that we all are.

Tony
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:42:16 PM by Tony Crisp »