Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Baboon Resurrection  (Read 4059 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
Baboon Resurrection
« on: January 27, 2015, 11:29:18 PM »
Tony,
I had these two dreams last night that I have been exploring but I would love to hear your insights on them.

It was nighttime and very dark outside and I was walking to a friend’s house for a visit. I realized that I was at the wrong house and needed to go back along the street. I switched on a flashlight to help me find my way. Then I found myself at some kind of compound that I had to pass through because there was no way around it. I was then aware that I was with a Hispanic man or else I was him. Inside the compound were piles of hundreds of dead bodies and I looked at them to see what they were. They were baboons and looked mummified - long dead and I knew that the people in the town had killed them all because they considered them irritating and misunderstood them. The man then started to bring the baboons back to life. The healing was instantaneous and completely natural yet miraculous. Because there were so many to resurrect he taught a few of them how to perform the same healing so that they could heal all of the others without him.

The second dream began with me looking at an image of nature. It was a picture but then came alive like a video only more vivid and lifelike as though it was alive with natural energy. The picture was of a covered bridge on a lake surrounded by calm water. The bridge seemed to have a golden quality to it. I wanted to go there and photograph it and my brother in law was then there beside me and I knew we had been there at some point long ago but he didn’t remember it or where it was. I was confused that he didn’t remember it because it was a very special place and one of a kind since it was the last bridge of its kind left in the country. I then remember looking across the lake to the left where there were these towering old historical buildings right at the water’s edge and I noticed the grand stone architecture.  ~DT

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Baboon Resurrection
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »
Dreamtime - Your two dreams have the same theme - something that was lifeless being revived.

You were looking for an old familiar place - the friends house, but instead you realised it was the wrong place. The compound probably represents a mixture of parts of your nature that you had not experienced consciously before. They were animal parts of you and in the dream dictionary are described as “instinctive or intuitive wisdom about relationships, social interactions and life. The Egyptian god Thoth as the baboon is a symbol of arbitration, and is also active in resurrection and giving of life and wisdom. He was the power that judges the balance of your life after death. So the baboon can represent a world of experience human beings have lost and feel sorrow at its absence.” The parts of us that the dream represents feel the town people irritating and they misunderstood them. Exactly how we kill certain parts of our self. We are educated to do so.

As you can see it deals with resurrection. So a wonderful part of you has come to life and you will slowly see how it colours your responses to everyday experiences. It might be a good idea to explore being the Hispanic man - see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/

The second dream takes the theme a step further. The image of nature sounds as if it represents the ideas we are taught about nature and our own human nature. It paints a picture of life as being non communicative and it is actually alive with ‘natural energy’ and intelligence.

The same realisation about the town people is echoed again - I knew we had been there at some point long ago but he didn’t remember it. The killing process that denies us of our full awareness. The long ago maybe refers to what has been killed in us - see http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#Inner

In a sense it also says that your memory of who you are goes back a long, long way beyond your birth. I think it would add to your memory if you explore being the golden bridge and the towering old historical buildings right at the water’s edge and the grand stone architecture.

Tony